• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure the intent of what the OPs question. My suggestion would be to Google FBI uniform crime reporting statistics.

No I have never shot anyone
    Yes I carry a gun daily, I also carry a flashlight and small trauma kit.
    I been in one situation that required use of my gun
    I know several people who have shot other prople. Only one of those I consider a very close personal friend.

So although using firearms for personal protection is somewhat rare it is not uncommon.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been shot at twice. Was not hit.

I drew on 3 guys but didn't have to shoot because they retreated as soon as I drew and said "wrong f'ing guy."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Shot anyone with real bullets? No. Shot at anyone with real bullets? No. Gotten a few trespassers attention on the farm because I had Dad's Wingmaster? Yes.

Blanks and MILES gear? Yes. Numerous people shot in training, died countless times myself. Even in a training environment with no real ammo in sight adrenaline does crazy stuff.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, I have shot someone. But he really deserved it. I felt bad afterward, but he brought it upon himself.

I know this is a serious thread and a serious statement, but just contemplating if this is now my new signature...

For the OP, I'd suggest reading some Massad Ayoob books or some of his articles in American Handgunner (digital editions located here: https://americanhandgunner.com/digital-version/ )

Normally I would not make such a suggestion (reading gun magazines, etc for this type of info), but Mas is very informative. I haven't seen what is newer books may be like, but it's probably time for me to go re-read "In the Gravest Extreme" as well as "The Truth about Self Protection". https://www.amazon.com/Gravest-Extreme-Firearm-Personal-Protection/dp/0936279001

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Shot near as a "joke". I never moved so fast in my life, but I didn't soil myself.

I have a BB in my arm. My "friend" picked up a pistol and shot me from a foot away. "But eet aint lowded." Then why is blood running down my arm.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    To parrot what many here have said...

have we witnessed or been actuve participants in things best left not said, or atleast in a separate juncture...

yes. Many of us have. But nothing is to be gained by providing accounts via the World Wide Web.

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West
    Wow - thank you all for sharing, Im incredibly appreciative. I unserstand some things can be hard to share and talk about. I find your input valuable and beneficial to myself and likely to others who want to listen. I feel like I could reply with quote to just about every story or statement - just some incredible stuff, thank you very much to all.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow - thank you all for sharing, Im incredibly appreciative. I unserstand some things can be hard to share and talk about. I find your input valuable and beneficial to myself and likely to others who want to listen. I feel like I could reply with quote to just about every story or statement - just some incredible stuff, thank you very much to all.

4i5hM5c.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom