Not open for further replies.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Getting shot at in paintball REALLY gave me some perspective on how terrifying it must be in real life. I know it's in no way the same, but my fear of stepping out and getting tagged sure was.

I have read that's as close to real combat as you can get. I believe it.

Ego and pain avoidance play a big part. I actually went into "BULLET TIME" coming up on a guy and shot a burst at him. And still missed at point blank range. I was stunned at both the time dilation and that I was able to miss that close. I miss playing woods ball without stupid "refs" around.

You hit or you don't. There are no rules.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I've been shot at twice. Was not hit.

I drew on 3 guys but didn't have to shoot because they retreated as soon as I drew and said "wrong f'ing guy."

Good one.

A friend of mine had 3 thugs approach him and he drew and said "Not tonight, guys." They ran like the cowards they are.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I think these are the kind of stories to be shared over a beer...not the internet. :twocents:

I agree. I wouldn't say if I did, or if I didn't, if I would or if I wouldn't, and I am surprised at the number of you that are sharing that info on here. This is the internet after all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK, I see this wasn't serious, I gave a serious answer as I am sure did FnS.

See you all later. :ingo:

It can be a serious or what ever you care to share.
    I read your post and remember we spoke of this. Yes very serious.

My post just stated I did not care to share and for others to weigh it out before they did.

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West
    OK, I see this wasn't serious, I gave a serious answer as I am sure did FnS.

See you all later. :ingo:

I'm sincerely interested in learning from the experiences of others - especially when it comes to difficult situations. I understand that this can be a difficult subject and that some folks are more sensitive about things than others.

I read, appreciate, and thank you for your input, whether you wish to continue participating/sharing or not.

Same goes for everyone whether you receive an individual response or not.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Shot at a few times. I approached a man trying to reload his revolver after shooting a friend of mine and shooting at another. He shot himself before I could put more than 1lbs of pressure on the trigger.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom