• ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    and then some
    It and a Garand were bucket guns since I was about 10, I have both.
    Now just waiting on the 45Colt levergun, I'd love an 1860 Henry (repo, I couldnt afford the real thing)
    The .45LC lever guns are more of a modern thing and were not available to the old west period. They aren't as pricey as the real Winnies from back in the day. Keep looking, you will find one.

I am a sucker for the M1 and M1A's also. I have sold a few and am to the bare minimum where no more can go, but plenty of room to add more...

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    It was not, minus they bayonet lug. But a USGI flash hider with lug fits right on.
    I also took it out of the oversized wood stock and put it in a USGI wood stock complete with the fun switch cut out.
    Ive thought about getting one of the dummy switches to fill the hole in the stock.

I have owned maybe 4 M1A's over the last 20 years. All but one was pre-ban. You mention the "dummy" switch? I put them on all that I have owned. Really makes the rifle in my opinion.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Um, yeah, I have kinda stumbled into something like that. A Marlin 1894 made in 1902 in 25-20. You talk about scarce ammo. Even when it comes up on an auction site people sometimes go crazy over it. I'm talking around $150 or more for a 50 round box
    of old ammo. Brass alone pretty close to that. Between loaded rounds and empty brass I have acquired about 500 which will be
    enough for my lifetime. I have plenty of projectiles and dies and good advice on loading the caliber from an auction site vendor that I got a few hundred cast bullets from.

Combat_turtle

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Brazil
    Have you ever wanted a firearm that is scarce , the ammo is crazy high priced, the rifle itself is crazy high priced and you have absolutely no earthly use for it besides going to the range and shooting it? For some time now I have been wanting just such a firearm. The Winchester 94 XTR in 7-30 waters. I truly have no use for one, but they are just dang sexy and historical. Anyone else ever experience this delima?:ugh:
    45-70 lever, 50 Beowulf AR pistol. Bought them both. Currently want for 0 good reason a 410 AR, bear creek makes a upper for it which is really not that expensive, and a 45-70 AR 10. I've only found 1 place that sells them, and they're around 3k if i remember correctly.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    45-70 lever, 50 Beowulf AR pistol. Bought them both. Currently want for 0 good reason a 410 AR, bear creek makes a upper for it which is really not that expensive, and a 45-70 AR 10. I've only found 1 place that sells them, and they're around 3k if i remember correctly.
    Does that 45-70 AR 10 you refer to actually fire the original rimmed 45-70 cartridge, or is that the version that takes a rimless variant called 45-70 automatic, or something like that?

Combat_turtle

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Brazil
    Does that 45-70 AR 10 you refer to actually fire the original rimmed 45-70 cartridge, or is that the version that takes a rimless variant called 45-70 automatic, or something like that?
    According to the site its a 45-70 government so it should be the original rimmed cartridge. But until someone buys me one I cant be sure. if everyone wants to chip in for scientific reasons im all for it.

Top Bottom