• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    According to the site its a 45-70 government so it should be the original rimmed cartridge. But until someone buys me one I cant be sure. if everyone wants to chip in for scientific reasons im all for it.

At $4800 they can keep it.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    According to the site its a 45-70 government so it should be the original rimmed cartridge. But until someone buys me one I cant be sure. if everyone wants to chip in for scientific reasons im all for it.

Not sure where you're seeing 45-70 government; the one you linked is the rimless version I was thinking of:
    Capture.JPG

Still looks like a load of fun though. Let me know if you start a fundraiser for it; I might not be able to donate, but I'll give you moral support. ;)

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Have you ever wanted a firearm that is scarce , the ammo is crazy high priced, the rifle itself is crazy high priced and you have absolutely no earthly use for it besides going to the range and shooting it? For some time now I have been wanting just such a firearm. The Winchester 94 XTR in 7-30 waters. I truly have no use for one, but they are just dang sexy and historical. Anyone else ever experience this delima?:ugh:
    500 Auto Max… :ugh:

Combat_turtle

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Brazil
    Not sure where you're seeing 45-70 government; the one you linked is the rimless version I was thinking of:
    View attachment 293782

Still looks like a load of fun though. Let me know if you start a fundraiser for it; I might not be able to donate, but I'll give you moral support. ;)
    haha i read it forever ago and haven't been back since i saw this thread. I guess i should have read it again. But either way its still shooting a 45-70 even if its a circumcised one. I wonder how hard it is to trim the rounds down? I have a 45-70 lever so if this gofundme takes off I have some ammo i can trim. lol

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    haha i read it forever ago and haven't been back since i saw this thread. I guess i should have read it again. But either way its still shooting a 45-70 even if its a circumcised one. I wonder how hard it is to trim the rounds down? I have a 45-70 lever so if this gofundme takes off I have some ammo i can trim. lol
    Not like trimming the length down.
    They are trimming the rim down.
    You would no longer be able to use those cases in your .45-70

Top Bottom