• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    I would dare say that there are more bunkers and tunnels (per square mile) in HI than any other state. They may WW2 leftovers but they would be better than a storm sewer barrel.
    MH

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I didn't see any of the news outlets even getting into the question of what was learned about readiness for a real missile attack. A lot of the footage I saw made it look like not many of the residents had a real plan. If those people really are so concerned about N. Korea, you'd think the false alarm would used as what they like to call "a teachable moment".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What if you wanted to see how things would go it it really happened? Post up the warning and watch for 30 minutes, it would certainly tell you what would be going on if it was for real. Leadership could use that info to correct problems with their planning.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Priorities?

Interestingly the morning shows had a clip of some basketball game being broadcast in Hawaii. At the bottom of the game was a scroll about the incoming missle yet they continued to broadcast the game. If death is flying through the air wouldn't it be appropriate to stop broadcasting the game and instead air information reminding the unprepared what to do NOW?

Hope this was a wake up call for the unprepared. Unfortunately it will be all about how it was Trump's fault.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meanwhile at Hawaii Emergency Management.......

tenor.gif

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Priorities?

Interestingly the morning shows had a clip of some basketball game being broadcast in Hawaii. At the bottom of the game was a scroll about the incoming missle yet they continued to broadcast the game. If death is flying through the air wouldn't it be appropriate to stop broadcasting the game and instead air information reminding the unprepared what to do NOW?

Hope this was a wake up call for the unprepared. Unfortunately it will be all about how it was Trump's fault.

Can you really prepare for a direct nuclear missile strike?
    Unless you have your own mil-spec nuclear shelter built deep underground you're not going to survive no matter how prepared you are for other stuff.

Besides leaving the area really fast by helicopter (if you are warned long enough in advance and know where the missile is aiming) you can't do much.

Going indoors will only somewhat protect you if the missile hits a nearby town, not against a direct hit on your city.

The whole "duck and cover" thing and telling people to just go indoor is just a way to make them feel safe.

If you have no spent a few million dollars building your own shelter you're not ready for a nuclear attack.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Guy I know built his house on edge of "fire ring" should a nearby AFB get hit (directly).
    Design and construction to help.
    Had detection equip too.

But like he said............that assumed the missile hits the target. His luck, it'd miss by 25 miles and land on his house LOL.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wonder if Gerbil Boy crapped his pants when Hawaii had the "oops".
    Didn't a Hawaiian judge challenge the Travel Ban?
    Convenient test..........real or faked.

People look to the gov for help..........even when they (the gov) can't do simple stuff right.

Hollyweird blaming Trump...........like NK did all nuke development in the last yr.

Wonder how many on Hawaii opened their best bottle of booze on this fiasco.
    I'd be kinda PO'd about that.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Going indoors will only somewhat protect you if the missile hits a nearby town, not against a direct hit on your city.

Direct hit kiss your butt goodbye.

Military succesfully stops it before the direct hit on Hawaii but it still detonates too close so they are dealing with fallout. A plan, preparation and reaction can make a difference.

Helped prompt the conversation with my prepper tolerant non-prepping wife of our plan for a strike on Chicago with fallout.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wonder if Gerbil Boy crapped his pants when Hawaii had the "oops".
    Didn't a Hawaiian judge challenge the Travel Ban?
    Convenient test..........real or faked.

People look to the gov for help..........even when they (the gov) can't do simple stuff right.

Hollyweird blaming Trump...........like NK did all nuke development in the last yr.

Wonder how many on Hawaii opened their best bottle of booze on this fiasco.
    I'd be kinda PO'd about that.

Who's "Gerbil boy"?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

About as well as you can prepare for a direct gunshot to the brain. But there are lots of possible outcomes besides a direct hit. The reliability and accuracy of the NorK's missiles have yet to be demonstrated. If LRM does launch one at Honolulu, he may very will hit some unoccupied bit of the Pacific instead, or the far side of the Island of Hawaii, in which case many parts of the chain would be sheltered from blast and radiation, especially if the winds are favorable. If the NorKs. have the tech to program an air-burst that's a somewhat different problem, but even so it has to get close enough.

For the next couple years I'd be more worried about a disguised North Korean ship sailing into the harbor with a bomb on board than a NorK ICBM.

The best solution is to not let the NorKs have nukes.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Open the best bottle of booze. Get in a quickie with the wife. Smoke a cigar and watch to the west for incoming.

I mean you have 30 minutes left what you going to do maybe make some phone calls to loved ones far away.

I keep having dreams of three nuke hits in the western distance from my hammock in the backyard. Weirdness and madness. Yet I have not picked up the shovel and started digging a shelter. The dreams are the same screen over and over.

Top Bottom