• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Last batch of Zombie dust like grapefruit rind beer. But the Robert the Bruce is a very good one.

Different strokes when when it comes to beer never been a IPA double IPA guy. Did have several pints of space dust and man that stuff is more powerful than it drank. I prefer the English ales and imperial stouts but always up for a new taste experience. My last batch of zombie dust was much more grapefruit rind tasting than the last two batches I got. Space station middle finger is about the same to much grapefruit. In the future I will try again maybe that batch had a bit of extra something

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Robert the Bruce seems to have disappeared, but there is Dark Horse "Scotty Karate" at my mom and pop bottle shop.
    This batch of ZD is pretty decent, previous in bottle version was pretty bad.
    On tap in Chicago it was wonderful..........but maybe 8 pints of Trooper Ale before had something to do with it.
    Really would like to find some Trooper "Hallowed"...........bought half a case and nobody else has any around.
    Double Crooked Tree IPA should be made next month, have my guy order a case. Let it sit for 2 yrs.....good fresh, but good and different aged.
    Eh hell, buy 20 cases...............put it on charge card.............world be blown up before payment due ;)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Can you really prepare for a direct nuclear missile strike?
    Unless you have your own mil-spec nuclear shelter built deep underground you're not going to survive no matter how prepared you are for other stuff.

Besides leaving the area really fast by helicopter (if you are warned long enough in advance and know where the missile is aiming) you can't do much.

Going indoors will only somewhat protect you if the missile hits a nearby town, not against a direct hit on your city.

The whole "duck and cover" thing and telling people to just go indoor is just a way to make them feel safe.

If you have no spent a few million dollars building your own shelter you're not ready for a nuclear attack.

Direct hit? No. Cheyenne Mountain is rated at 30MT, however they come up with that, so I imagine the Soviets targeted it with something bigger.

Word was, Indianapolis was targeted for three MIRVs back in the day, NAC, RCA, and Western Electric on the east side, Lilly and others on the southwest, and Alison Transmission etc. on the west side. Where I am I'd have some fallout. The targeting priorities may have changed over the years.

A simple fallout shelter with supplies for a month or so, an amateur radio, and a Geiger counter will get you past the bad part of the fallout, believe it or not. A bomb has orders of magnitude less fissionable material than a large reactor; this is why Hiroshima and Nagasaki were once again thriving cities a few years after being flattened, whereas Pripyat will not be resettled in our lifetimes due to the Chernoble reactor failure.

It's just a matter of putting a little time and money into digging yourself a nice hole.

The assumption is that Rocketman can pick a city and hit it. He may dust a cornfield or the Pacific Ocean. The worst case would be a high altitude EMP.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Direct hit? No. Cheyenne Mountain is rated at 30MT, however they come up with that, so I imagine the Soviets targeted it with something bigger.

Word was, Indianapolis was targeted for three MIRVs back in the day, NAC, RCA, and Western Electric on the east side, Lilly and others on the southwest, and Alison Transmission etc. on the west side. Where I am I'd have some fallout. The targeting priorities may have changed over the years.

A simple fallout shelter with supplies for a month or so, an amateur radio, and a Geiger counter will get you past the bad part of the fallout, believe it or not. A bomb has orders of magnitude less fissionable material than a large reactor; this is why Hiroshima and Nagasaki were once again thriving cities a few years after being flattened, whereas Pripyat will not be resettled in our lifetimes due to the Chernoble reactor failure.

It's just a matter of putting a little time and money into digging yourself a nice hole.

The assumption is that Rocketman can pick a city and hit it. He may dust a cornfield or the Pacific Ocean. The worst case would be a high altitude EMP.

Yeah, from what I understand there's pretty much no bunker that can resist a direct hit.
    The safety of the most advanced bunker resides in its secrecy.
    You can't hit it if you don't know where it's hat.
    That's why the huge bunker at the Greenbier hotel in Virginia is no longer in used since its location was revealed.

I live in a region with hundreds of WW2 bunkers.Some people have them in their yard or even under their house as a basement.
    I might have to look into getting my own.

100_4695.JPG

100_4694.JPG

100_4700.JPG

Some people don't even know it's on their property.
    Just last month they found a German bunker burried under someone's driveway.
    The owner of the house had no idea he had been parking his car on the roof of a bunker.

25559-171204135320019-0-e1512392905892-975x1024.jpg

It had not been opened in 70 years.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Another one blaming Trump (I think) ... :ugh:

482206E900000578-5267945-image-a-3_1515938311834.jpg

If I understand it correctly.I don't think Kim Jung Un has a "Republican congress". :rolleyes:

Yep, don't blame Kim who's threatening to nuke the island ... blame Trump for the false alarm warning.

Jim Carrey, Magic Johnson caught in Hawaii missile blunder | Daily Mail Online

I'm not surprised.I think Carrey has blamed the NRA for gun crimes in the past, so it's pretty much the same thing.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So one guy presses one button during a shift change and it causes all of this?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Another one blaming Trump (I think) ... :ugh:

482206E900000578-5267945-image-a-3_1515938311834.jpg

If I understand it correctly.I don't think Kim Jung Un has a "Republican congress". :rolleyes:

Yep, don't blame Kim who's threatening to nuke the island ... blame Trump for the false alarm warning.

Jim Carrey, Magic Johnson caught in Hawaii missile blunder | Daily Mail Online

I'm not surprised.I think Carrey has blamed the NRA for gun crimes in the past, so it's pretty much the same thing.

If it were true, at least we wouldn't have lost one of our funny comedians.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I really think: if NK REALLY wanted to take out America...

They'd detonate a nuke high above the atmosphere @ 1-2pm CST, create an EMP and hole in the earth's magnetic field (even for a moment), then send over anything they want with America in the dark ages while being blasted with solar radiation...

So... I doubt Hawaii is at the top of their list, if they have one.

*Edit* That said, that'd be one hell of an alert to get on your phone!

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    These might be decent near hypocenter shelters.......
    Bldg%20941%20091605%202.jpg

The fenestration is false, the second floor is 17' of 5KPSI concrete and rebar. That alone weighs about 2500 tons. The walls are about 10' thick and it sits on a 6' thick slab. AKA "A" structures for storing nuclear capsules. Now obsolete.

Bird%20Cage%203b.JPG

MH

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Can you really prepare for a direct nuclear missile strike?
    Unless you have your own mil-spec nuclear shelter built deep underground you're not going to survive no matter how prepared you are for other stuff.

Besides leaving the area really fast by helicopter (if you are warned long enough in advance and know where the missile is aiming) you can't do much.

Going indoors will only somewhat protect you if the missile hits a nearby town, not against a direct hit on your city.

The whole "duck and cover" thing and telling people to just go indoor is just a way to make them feel safe.

If you have no spent a few million dollars building your own shelter you're not ready for a nuclear attack.

According to George Lucas crawling in an old refrigerator will protect you. :nuts:

If it were true, at least we wouldn't have lost one of our funny comedians.

Since he's Canadian and not even slightly funny, it wouldn't have been a loss at all. The only loss would have been that it wouldn't have taken out a bunch of his colleagues too.

Top Bottom