• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    If some further input is not superfluous....

A home invader is NOT a burglar per se. A home invader chooses to enter a home when it is occupied to commit acts of mayhem specifically intended to incite fear and intimidation. A "burglar" wants to get in and out without being detected, the home invader(s) get their jollies by intimidating other folks.

The general public does not hear of many home invasions I think, because most of them occur when the "victims" are drug dealers and other criminals. The home invaders usually know that these folks probably will not contact law enforcement, as the "victims" are clandestinely committing nefarious acts also.

The obvious exception is when the invaders have a brainfart and their target acquisition radar fails them and they hit the wrong residence; or the invaders target the elderly.

In any event, the home invader is a pernicious, nasty fellow. He deserves the most violent response that can be mustered.

Have ServePro on speed dial.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have to rack one, because I still live at home and my mom throws a fit if I have one in the chamber. :dunno: haha

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The XD is always ready! The 870 is cruiser ready. I'll have one chambered by the time I pickup and can aim the weapon. Trust me.

This si where I'm at as well. Substitute Ruger for XD though.

I voted the middle option thinking it was a shotgun only question.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I keep my pistol loaded by my bedside. My safe is like two feet from my bed. My shotgun sits in it, with a round in the chamber and safety on.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    This si where I'm at as well. Substitute Ruger for XD though.

I voted the middle option thinking it was a shotgun only question.

Originally, that was what the question was to target, but I didn't think about the fact some do not have or use a shotgun for HD. So, posting the additional info gives me a better idea of who is for or against alerting the BG before rounds start to fly.:yesway:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I will spare the racking, my semi-auto 7+1 SPX shotgun doesn't make any cool sound and that is fine with me. My night sight M+P with extra mag is my go to and house clearer, the shotgun is just for larger crowds or when I am feeling frisky!

Top Bottom