• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    why you would embark on a personal crusade against a small business owner, selling items your are clearly enamored of, is beyond me.

A crusade such as a similar one in recent memory involving MidwayUSA and their practice of doubling up the shipping fees on hazmat items ? :D

Second, you are 100% wrong. Just because you make anassessment doesn’t make it right and your assessment of me attacking a small businessowner is so wrong it doesn’t even deserve to be addressed but, since youbrought it up, let me say this again, you are 100% wrong.

Got to agree with Broom_jm here... You can tell him he's wrong all you want, but it only you that's to blame for the appearance you give !

It's got to be getting close to a year since we have had our words on this same businessman, and I see you still harbor the same feelings for whatever reason...

Considering leaving the site now cause of it uh ? Well, you really ought to do something... Maybe leaving the site is a bit over reacting... How about just simply taking the man up on his offer and seeing if it wouldn't go so far as helping you view this all in a little different light... If not interested, why not just ignore the type of threads/post that seem to upset ya ?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Wow, after the tongue lashing that I got a while ago from Broom, I find this post kind of interesting.........Where's the love Broom?

What does that prove, Skip? That I tell it like it is? The first few times I contacted Andrew, before he opened his shop, he dropped the ball. I put it out there for everyone to see.

Now that I've met him and worked with him on a couple of projects, I have the measure of the man. I can tell you that as an ex-military guy, you would take all of about 5 minutes to figure out he's yer kinda guy. I don't know what your deal is against Andrew or why he rubs you the wrong way, but haven't you learned that "cyber" anything is not the way to really KNOW about something or someone?

So, you still want to accuse me of being part of a Profire love fest? Or, do you want to quit yer belly-achin' and threatening to leave the forum...and just go find out for yourself?

If you can't understand that sometimes paying a few dollars more, for the exact same product, helps keep a LGS in business so they're there when you really need something...well, stupid is as stupid does. There's a whole lot of stupid people walking around Walmart. You'll even see me there, from time to time...mostly because all the smaller shops selling what I want to buy have been driven out of business. For some things, I can live with that, but for guns and reloading supplies, I like going to someone who knows their business.

Don't you? You said you buy 90% of your gun stuff at a LGS. Would YOU buy a gun at Walmart to save $20 or $30 over what your LGS charges for the same thing? What's it worth to you, Skip? Money or loyalty?

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    "I like going to someone who knows their business."

*And so you should if that is what you need. There is precious little that I need to "have someone that knows their business" for when it comes to reloading. YMMV

Don't you? You said you buy 90% of your gun stuff at a LGS. Would YOU buy a gun at Walmart to save $20 or $30 over what your LGS charges for the same thing?

*Depends on the firearm. If it is a Marlin M60 with a medallion in the stock to give to a 12 year old for $90 or $120, yeah, because they are the exact same firearm, I'm going to WalMart after I talk to my LGS to see if he has a deal. And, that isn't as stupid does...That's smart, friend, smart.

The other 10% of items that I buy for reloading come from Internet purchases or gun shows. Even firearms.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I can't believe I read every word. I'm going to start a thread about my reloading mess-ups. Feel free to wear me out. FWIW, Skip, Broomjm and Andrew all provide good advice at no charge.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Look at my reloading failures HERE. No one is perfect, especially not me.

I appreciate the support from the reloading community on this thread. In store, tell me you read this, and I'll give you 10% off an item from now until Oct 31.

Let's get to loading, not perpetuating this thread.

Let this one die, please. Thank you !!

Last edited:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Nope. I have a feeling that when this post prospers, anyone who knows me... knows what I'm thinking.

Bloom, little post. Bloom !!

Right click this.
    blowup.gif

I tried buying from my local GS.
    blowup.gif
    If I just needed bullets I had to buy primers and and powder too.
    blowup.gif

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    When I lived in Kentucky we had a great gun shop. The guy that owned it was great and knew what he was talking about and could get you what you wanted.

About thirty miles away in Hamilton, Ohio there was another great gun shop that sold reloading stuff and helped out people with questions you would have about reloading or guns. I think they had a staff of about twenty and they all knew guns.

They are both closed due to big box stores. Should they be gone? I would say no. Then you can't keep the doors open if you don't have the the sales.

I wish they were still around. I bought a lot of stuff from them.

Now I am left with placing my orders to get what I need and want from over the net.

No personal service, just placing orders. I do wish I could still buy from them. It was nice just shooting the bull with them and talking about this and that when you went to pick up powder or what ever. If they didn't have it they would order it for you.

Then that is what the big box stores is about, selling stuff and running the little guy out. Bass Prow is just as bad as Wall Mart.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Stopped in at a great, local reloading shop this morning. Picked up some IN-STOCK primers, bullets for two 30 caliber rifles, a new 8" steel for my range and enjoyed a good conversation with a knowledgeable and like-minded proprietor. He favored my 18 year-old son with a gift that I'm sure he will enjoy as part of his collection of military paraphernalia.

I could have gone to Walmart and befuddled them with rudimentary ammo questions, but I'm much happier to spend a couple bucks more, supporting a local entrepreneur. I expect I will continue to do so, on a regular basis.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I supported a "local gun store" this weekend too! Only, it was in Ohio! Let me see if I can remember the name of the place..........It was near the lake...........They have shooting matches there every year.................It used to be an active military facility................Oh, yeah, the Civilian Marksmanship Program store at Camp Perry!

Expensive endeavor to say the least. Special M1 with all new parts.........first one though.........200 rounds of ammo..............I did talk to several other folk there too. Very knowledgeable!

Can't wait to shoot it either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    That's awesome, Skip. On the rather extensive list of things you WILL NOT buy at a Walmart, the M1 Garand, special or otherwise, would be way up there! ;)

By the way, it's unconscionable to mention the purchase of such a weapon and not link to a thread where you have some pictures! Did you shoot it while you were there?

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    No, not sure if the ranges were open......I haven't taken any pictures of it yet. I need to get it dressed first. The stock is naked. It needs a coat or two of Linseed Oil first! ;)

p.s. I am going to be looking for close out on .30/06 ammo when I go to Wally World though....... ;)

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I better put on my thick skin if I want to hang around the reload thread....kidding just kidding. Hope ro visit some shops soon. Id like to reload shot shells for an older gun. I've read between the lines here and it's all good. Passion should always be welcomed and not missunderstood.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I better put on my thick skin if I want to hang around the reload thread....kidding just kidding. Hope ro visit some shops soon. Id like to reload shot shells for an older gun. I've read between the lines here and it's all good. Passion should always be welcomed and not missunderstood.

Sounds like your level of understanding is already pretty good! :)

This online forum stuff is great for sharing thoughts, ideas, knowledge and opinions. The key is to keep this virtual campfire real friendly like, with respect and good humor, even when someone disagrees with ya. Treat the people you interact with online just the way you would someone you're sharing a hunting camp with...everything will be just fine, if ya do. :ingo:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I purchased a great gun from SSNFA this past week !!

Corey is also a great local supplier for NFA items. I'm happy to support other LGS's when I can.

It's times like this when reloading pays the bills.

HERE:

Top Bottom