• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    I want to thank the OP for, in the spirit of what makes this forum great, being willing to share some info that he found beneficial to himself, in the hopes that someone else might benefit from his making others aware. THAT is what I think this thread was originally about.

He was immediately countered with an extremely antagonistic and agressive post indicating that his way of thinking angered Andrew. For someone who is supposed to be such a fine, upstanding part of our community, I feel his post was about as rude and inconsiderate as it gets on a forum like this. It was simply uncalled for in my opinion. However, it was a very effective redirection. Within no time at all, this thread became a "Praise Andrew" thread.

Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with someone singing the praises of someone who provided them superb service. INGO is a great avenue to do this, and like I said above, sharing info others can benefit from is what makes INGO a great place. Andrew has obviously exceeded the needs and expectations of a LOT of people. These people want to acknowledge him for that and that's fine. Lord knows there have been numerous threads on here opened for just that purpose.

I understand the support your LGS mentality. However, I have to admit I don't really understand how someone who so agressively criticizes someone for taking business dollars from their LGS by spending those dollars at a Walmart, can do so when they are listed as a "Preferred FFL" on BudsGunShop.com. Isn't Bud's kind of the Internet Walmart of online "just make the sale" gun suppliers? If he feels so strongly people should be supporting their LGS, why would he be a business participant with an impersonable mass online sales organization that takes revenue from the buyer's LGS? I guess I just feel there is a little inconsistancy in the principal on which the original criticizm of the OP was founded, and for what he was trying to do, the OP didn't deserve what he got.

Before the fire storm rains down upon me, let me clarify something. I feel Andrew is a great person. I've met him and I've purchased from him. I think he has been a substantial contribution to the reloading community in general and INGO in particular. I also think he's a great business person. You simply don't get the following of supporters he has if you're not doing a lot of things right. I simply feel what went down in this thread was wrong. Just my opinion. No more or less valuable than any other opinion expressed in this thread. I give this response two or three replies before I am labelled an "Andrew hater", but that's simply not the case.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    . I give this response two or three replies before I am labelled an "Andrew hater", but that's simply not the case.

Actually, I am a Wal-Mart hater. For a number of reasons, all of which have been enumerated in this thread, and I suspect what generated a significant percentage of the responses against the OP, at least that was the case on my end.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Actually, I am a Wal-Mart hater.

Hell, I luvs me some Walmart. It's where I go fo pickin up the hotties...

Behind-the-People-of-People-of-Walmart-.jpg

3880.jpg

people-of-walmart.jpg

Walmart's sell guns-n-liquor and smokes. Show me a LGS who can top that and I'm there man. Throw in the hot chicks, and it's Walmart hands down. Not sure why all the hate:dunno:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I want to thank the OP for, in the spirit of what makes this forum great, being willing to share some info that he found beneficial to himself, in the hopes that someone else might benefit from his making others aware. THAT is what I think this thread was originally about.

He was immediately countered with an extremely antagonistic and agressive post indicating that his way of thinking angered Andrew. For someone who is supposed to be such a fine, upstanding part of our community, I feel his post was about as rude and inconsiderate as it gets on a forum like this. It was simply uncalled for in my opinion. However, it was a very effective redirection. Within no time at all, this thread became a "Praise Andrew" thread.

Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with someone singing the praises of someone who provided them superb service. INGO is a great avenue to do this, and like I said above, sharing info others can benefit from is what makes INGO a great place. Andrew has obviously exceeded the needs and expectations of a LOT of people. These people want to acknowledge him for that and that's fine. Lord knows there have been numerous threads on here opened for just that purpose.

I understand the support your LGS mentality. However, I have to admit I don't really understand how someone who so agressively criticizes someone for taking business dollars from their LGS by spending those dollars at a Walmart, can do so when they are listed as a "Preferred FFL" on BudsGunShop.com. Isn't Bud's kind of the Internet Walmart of online "just make the sale" gun suppliers? If he feels so strongly people should be supporting their LGS, why would he be a business participant with an impersonable mass online sales organization that takes revenue from the buyer's LGS? I guess I just feel there is a little inconsistancy in the principal on which the original criticizm of the OP was founded, and for what he was trying to do, the OP didn't deserve what he got.

Before the fire storm rains down upon me, let me clarify something. I feel Andrew is a great person. I've met him and I've purchased from him. I think he has been a substantial contribution to the reloading community in general and INGO in particular. I also think he's a great business person. You simply don't get the following of supporters he has if you're not doing a lot of things right. I simply feel what went down in this thread was wrong. Just my opinion. No more or less valuable than any other opinion expressed in this thread. I give this response two or three replies before I am labelled an "Andrew hater", but that's simply not the case.
    Me being the original poster...It looks like ive created a monster! :D It will not keep me from posting up heads up again. In fact...I might do it more often.
    But this thread has definitely led to ... :horse: among other things.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    There is SO much I want to say about this post.... biting my tongue... biting my tongue....

Are you implying the public should only purchase firearms and all accessories that go with them along with all reloading supplies from a locally owned gun shop.

Maybe I should only be able to purchase my motor oil from my local owned independent auto supply.

Lets go back to State owned Liquor stores.

See where this can all lead?

I'm all for free enterprise.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just in case anyone in the area or sometimes gets by the area...Clinton Walmart has GUNS! Reloaders, dies, brass, powder, RCBS accesories, Tumbler media, and more! Pretty fair prices on all of it!

Im getting "my" Remington 700 .308 from there... $450 with scope/rings and boresighted.

Thanks for sharing; it'll be a dead forum if people didn't share information.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Me being the original poster...It looks like ive created a monster! :D It will not keep me from posting up heads up again. In fact...I might do it more often.
    But this thread has definitely led to ... :horse: among other things.

This was posted on USENET back in the early 90s but is still applicable to the net today:

"It was a typical day on USENET: an angry mob pounding a greasy spot on the pavement where used to lay the carcass of a dead horse."

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Just in case anyone in the area or sometimes gets by the area...Clinton Walmart has GUNS! Reloaders, dies, brass, powder, RCBS accesories, Tumbler media, and more! Pretty fair prices on all of it!

Im getting "my" Remington 700 .308 from there... $450 with scope/rings and boresighted.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Not all of us require great customer service or are in need of someones opinion/knowledge before, during or after the sale.
    There are times when I'm simply trying to save a buck.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Skip,
    Why you would embark on a personal crusade against a small business owner, selling items your are clearly enamored of, is beyond me.

Broom,
    I was not going to respond in this thread anymore, but, since you used my name inyour response, I feel that it is completely necessary.

First things first, I don’t need you to tell me myConstitutional rights. I know them.

Second, you are 100% wrong. Just because you make anassessment doesn’t make it right and your assessment of me attacking a small businessowner is so wrong it doesn’t even deserve to be addressed but, since youbrought it up, let me say this again, you are 100% wrong. I don’t care how you perceiveit. Your perception is of no concern to me and makes your statements neitherright nor above any others.

Thirdly, there is a section of the forum DEDICATED toselling products. It is located here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_advertisers_support_our_sponsors/

If I want to buy something or see a rating on someone thatis selling, I will go to that section and look for it or them. Andrew is theONLY advertiser that has his own “club”, and free advertisement section inADDITION to the segregated area. Why is that? Because of his astoundingservice? No, it is because he does little to dissuade it because it makesmoney for him and he doesn't have to pay for the advertising……If it was different than that, he would put an end to it bydirecting folks to the other area that is set up for sales of items.

Case in point: A&A Optics. Look through the sectionsabout accessories and see if there is the blatant misuse of that section of theforum as there is here in the reloading/ammo section.

I am not against Andrew’s small business, and, I am notplanning on frequenting WalMart to get anything other than groceries. I go tomy LGS for 90% of my reloading supplies, but, paying more for a can of powderbecause of it being on his shelf over buying the same powder from WalMart orany other box store, doesn’t make you smart friend……As long as apples areapples and oranges are oranges, it is foolish to do so.

Analogy: used car. The large Ford dealership goes to theauto auction with the little dealer from down the street. They buy cars thatare 100% alike, make, model, and color, everything even down to the mileage.They take the cars back home, the BIG dealer marks it at $10,000 the littleguy, $15,000. Neither budges on price. Are you going to tell me that buyingfrom the smaller guy is smart or something that you will do? I have a bridge tosell you if you do! A can of Unique is a can of Unique. It makes no sense topay more.

This is a long post and, for that I am sorry. Hopefully, thewebmaster will grant my request to have my profile deleted and I will beremoved from this foolishness soon..

Have a good day!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Case in point: A&A Optics. Look through the sectionsabout accessories and see if there is the blatant misuse of that section of theforum as there is here in the reloading/ammo section.

You picked a bad example. Alan (A&A) often posts in threads about scopes outside of the vendor specific fora and offers his opinions about the products he sells in those posts and clearly states that he is selling those products. Like Andrew, he has a lot of knowledge in his area and is generous about sharing it even when it means he won't make a buck off of it, just like Andrew.

Nor is this prohibited on this site, so it's not "blatant misuse." I've been on sites where shady vendors are constantly shilling their products and it irks me to no end, but I don't place either of these men anywhere near that category. As far as "being removed from this foolishness," you alone can control how much you respond to it and thus far no one has forced you to read it.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Andrew is not perfect by any means. Yes, his first post in this thread wasn't the most politic, but I'm willing to give him way, way more latitude than I would most folks in part because I happen to agree with him in principle, but more because he's contributed more to the shooting community than he's gotten from it, even as a businessman, and very few people can say that.

What should I perceive about your perception from this post then?

Got a rag to wipe that off?

ROFL!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Wow, after the tongue lashing that I got a while ago from Broom, I find this post kind of interesting.........Where's the love Broom?

Not to rain on the love-fest for Profire, but I've talked to Andrew on the phone about two different items and did not hear back from him on either. I asked about mil-surp powder the first time and pulled 147gr 308 bullets the second time. In both instances he said he would check into it and get back to me, but never did. I also sent him a PM about the bullets and waited about a week before I decided to try calling him. He apologized for missing the PM (I'm sure he's a busy guy) but after talking to him directly, over the phone, and still not getting a call back on the bullets, I just decided to locate them elsewhere.

Sorry to be the wet blanket, but I'm a consumer with a 3-strikes rule...and Andrew struck out in my score book. I'm sure his loads are safe and effective, but his failure to get back to me, repeatedly, has soured my confidence in working with him.

Top Bottom