• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    So today I'm in "Freedom Firearms" in Fort Wayne. It's exactly 2:10 pm when I hear... "Don't buy Colt.... they're a Chinese owned company... ". Twas an older man behind the counter talking to a man and a women... He was explaining the quality of handguns.

Say it isn't so....

Hey, I know that guy! He worked at Gander in Lafayette before they went belly up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just a figure of speech. You know the kind...in a gun-shop the guy that knows it all and lets everyone know that he knows it all. A legend in his own mind kind.

That's not a lawyer, that is a "Stool sitter", a "counter monkey" or a "know-it-all".

A lawyer in that gun shop would say, "No, counter monkey, Colt is owned by an Iraqi-American investment banker from Manhattan, not the Chinese." The lawyer would be right. The counter monkey would still be a counter monkey.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That's not a lawyer, that is a "Stool sitter", a "counter monkey" or a "know-it-all".

A lawyer in that gun shop would say, "No, counter monkey, Colt is owned by an Iraqi-American investment banker from Manhattan, not the Chinese." The lawyer would be right. The counter monkey would still be a counter monkey.

Macaque lives matter!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

Counter monkey...I like that. May I use it?;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Retail sucks.
    99.9% of the BS comes from the customer side of the counter.
    The real fun is when the call you stupid, or a liar (usually indirectly, but often openly)..........when you tell them facts/ truth.
    You can b*tch about gunshops all you want, indeed some are better than others.
    But until you work behind the counter...........you have no idea how screwed up the gun toting public is.
    Want to ruin your hobby? Make it your job.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've been to quite a few gunshops, and enjoy the old crusty types, even if they aren't the most technically/detail savvy. They gotta be right on other stuff a lot though.

Yup, have met some real idiots that didn't know diddly, and couldn't keep their mouths shut too.

I give any shop more than one chance.

There are shops I don't go to..........because their staff (one or more people) are friggin' morons.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Retail sucks.
    99.9% of the BS comes from the customer side of the counter.
    The real fun is when the call you stupid, or a liar (usually indirectly, but often openly)..........when you tell them facts/ truth.
    You can b*tch about gunshops all you want, indeed some are better than others.
    But until you work behind the counter...........you have no idea how screwed up the gun toting public is.
    Want to ruin your hobby? Make it your job.

I have worked behind the counter. You have people that shouldn't have a weapon purchasing and you have people that have no business behind the counter too. We could probably share some good stories.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There are some great customers, good people..........and some of them VERY knowledgeable about interesting things.
    Unfortunately they are not in enough number to counter all the idiots.
    Being behind the counter during the Obama period...............was a treat.
    Yeah, that's what I'll call it.
    A friggin' "treat".

Dealing with the public...........you meet all types. Add panic (real or imagined) it gets even better.

The loaded guns pointed at you.............that's the icing on the cake.

As it stands now...........when I go to some shops, if certain customers come in..............I leave. Refuse to talk to them. I just leave..........even if I've been there only 5 mins.
    The level of danger, stupidity.............I'm not behind the counter anymore, don't have to take that ****.

Some people shouldn't own guns, but then those same types shouldn't breed.

I guess it is kind of a new thing............to smoke a bunch of weed and then guys (and gals) go look at guns.
    Dunno if that's worse than old hermits reeking of cat p*zz.............kinda the same olfactory offense.

Last edited:

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I've been to quite a few gunshops, and enjoy the old crusty types, even if they aren't the most technically/detail savvy. They gotta be right on other stuff a lot though.

Yup, have met some real idiots that didn't know diddly, and couldn't keep their mouths shut too.

I give any shop more than one chance.

There are shops I don't go to..........because their staff (one or more people) are friggin' morons.

Or the owner rants on endlessly about anything but your gun purchase while his wife yells from across the shop. Shew

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Or the owner rants on endlessly about anything but your gun purchase while his wife yells from across the shop. Shew

Lmao I know the shop you're describing and avoid it!!!

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Is this the place with soft drinks in bottles?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are not alone there....I know several folks that wouldn't go there if they were giving guns away....Their "customer service" (if there still is such a thing) is lacking in most all areas....No thanks

Wait - we're not talking about Indiucky? :dunno:

Top Bottom