• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    A buddy of mine heard from a friend that there is a limit to the number of rounds you can carry in a clip. Anyone have a link to this? I think his buddy is full of crap.
    this is the main problem with your statement...whenever someone says a friend of a friend.
    or My cousins sisters little nephew told me one time
    whenever you here it from so many people chances are it's not true

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Depends on where your buddy lives. They may have a city ordnance in place. Indiana State law has no limit. Ohio State law is 30. Chicago, Ohio aka Toledo, Ohio city ordnance limit is 10 rounds.

On the flip side, I have never seen nor heard of a law saying how many mags you may carry on your person. Just saying.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I was told the same thing by a friend, he also told me it was illegal to have one in the chamber.:dunno:

Can cities set regs. on these issues even though state law says its OK?

IMO if your mag holds 100 rounds you should be able to hold a 100 rounds in it.:twocents:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    it is true in OH, look it up, but I have been told many times by numerous sources that in ohio a magazine that holds more than 31 rounds turns your firearm into a machine gun, I know it sounds screwy, but I know reputable law enforcement officers that have also corroborated this claim

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    it is true in OH, look it up, but I have been told many times by numerous sources that in ohio a magazine that holds more than 31 rounds turns your firearm into a machine gun, I know it sounds screwy, but I know reputable law enforcement officers that have also corroborated this claim
    Screwy doesnt begin to describe it since the ATF definition of a machine gun is:
    The definition of machinegun in the National Firearms Act and the Gun Control Act includes a part or parts that are designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun. This language includes a device that, when activated by a single pull of the trigger, initiates an automatic firing cycle that continues until the finger
    is released or the ammunition supply is exhausted.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Sorry, I was wrong.

ORC 2921.11 E states

(E) "Automatic firearm" means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. "Automatic firearm" also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

Top Bottom