• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Today marks 1 week since i suffered a Heart attack. Received a couple of stents for 100% blockage, my fault, stopped being real regular about taking cholesterol meds. Never had a BP problem except for that night. My questions are for those that have been through this, what kind of recovery time am i looking at? Drs told my wife i had no damage to my heart.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Have appt for rehab to start next Tuesday. I too was a former smoker but had quit last year. The tiredness is awful right now. Think some of it is due to BP meds. My BP is running kinda low right now.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Have appt for rehab to start next Tuesday. I too was a former smoker but had quit last year. The tiredness is awful right now. Think some of it is due to BP meds. My BP is running kinda low right now.
    Let you doc know about it running low.
    The rehab it help you a lot . . . sure did it for me !

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Sorry to hear that man. I deal with symptomatic PVCs and heart palpitations. I can’t quite understand the stress you must be under, but I can empathize with heart issues affecting life. Prayers for you tonight. Stay well.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Sorry to hear that man. I deal with symptomatic PVCs and heart palpitations. I can’t quite understand the stress you must be under, but I can empathize with heart issues affecting life. Prayers for you tonight. Stay well.
    I have issues with PVC's as well, to the point that I was finally started on meds. It pretty much masks the symptoms but those palpitations still come through here and there. Nothing like dealing with a heart attack though.

Hope you recover quickly Deo! (Side note, I grew up in Peru!)

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I had 2 stents put in my right artery in 2007. I was a cigar smoker, I was in the hospital 2 days and all I thought about was the 6 or 7 Cohibas I had in my humidor at home.
    Got home and told my wife that after I smoked them I was going to quit, she looked at me and said "you already have ".
    Humidor was empty.
    Rehab and meds for the rest of my life, been good so far, knock on wood.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I had a heart attack in 2019 on a Sunday afternoon, I had 95% blockage in my LAD, they put a Stent in Monday morning and I went back to work on Wednesday like nothing happened. I used to go home from work, sit in a chair and fall asleep in a mayter of minutes. There were so many warning signs that I should have seen it coming. The good Lord gave me a little bigger wake up call that day and I've changed to about 95% vegan diet, I walk 5 miles each day and still work 8-10 hours a day and I lost 80 lbs over 2 years

Thanking Him every day for keeping me alive.

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Today marks 1 week since i suffered a Heart attack. Received a couple of stents for 100% blockage, my fault, stopped being real regular about taking cholesterol meds. Never had a BP problem except for that night. My questions are for those that have been through this, what kind of recovery time am i looking at? Drs told my wife i had no damage to my heart.
    Go to cardiac rehab so you can be monitored. Take it gradual. Follow the doctors orders EXACTLY. Took about 6 weeks for me. Widow maker almost got me as I was leaving work at Cabela's. 80% blockage. Stent and that was almost 3 years ago.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Two stents 2 Feb. 1 night in intensive care (flat lined for 6 seconds - revived "obviously" spontaneously). Home next PM. Only suffered from breathlessness previously - stress test identified problem. Since release from hospital, recovery excellent. Just finished 12 sessions (3 per week) of cardiac rehab - very worthwhile! 83 years old, never smoked, on statin since I was 55, active all my life, 2 marathons when I was younger. You probably are on blood thinner (Plavic) and a drug to relax blood vessels (improve blood flow). Mine made me tired with very low blood pressures (vicinity of 80s/60s). Be active! Fight the desire to just sit around and/or nap. Follow your cardiologist's directions! It gets better! Good luck with your recovery! Semper Fidelis

Last edited:

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    95% vegan diet,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Is that really living though? I keed, I keed.....
    The vegan diet itself is really not as bad as most people think. I'm blessed with a wife that takes care of me and knows how to cook about anything she sets her mind to. I couldn't do the diet and probably wouldn't be as healthy as I am now. And I eat some very delicious food and we eat out once or twice a week usually, we both love Mexican and Italian food and some food the vegan eateries around Fort Wayne have made a lot of progress in the "tastiness" of their food.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The vegan diet itself is really not as bad as most people think. I'm blessed with a wife that takes care of me and knows how to cook about anything she sets her mind to. I couldn't do the diet and probably wouldn't be as healthy as I am now. And I eat some very delicious food and we eat out once or twice a week usually, we both love Mexican and Italian food and some food the vegan eateries around Fort Wayne have made a lot of progress in the "tastiness" of their food.
    I love veggies.....just not veggies all the time....I'll help you out by eating your food choice's natural enemy...Cows...You're welcome!!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Good buddy of mine went on a vegan diet. Lost over 60lbs, he's as small as he was in high school!

Two stents 2 Feb. 1 night in intensive care (flat lined for 6 seconds - revived "obviously" spontaneously). Home next PM. Only suffered from breathlessness previously - stress test identified problem. Since release from hospital, recovery excellent. Just finished 12 sessions (3 per week) of cardiac rehab - very worthwhile! 83 years old, never smoked, on statin since I was 35, active all my life, 2 marathons when I was younger. You probably are on blood thinner (Plavic) and a drug to relax blood vessels (improve blood flow). Mine made me tired with very low blood pressures (vicinity of 80s/60s). Be active! Fight the desire to just sit around and/or nap. Follow your cardiologist's directions! It gets better! Good luck with your recovery! Semper Fidelis
    Almost 50 years of being on statins?

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Good buddy of mine went on a vegan diet. Lost over 60lbs, he's as small as he was in high school!

Almost 50 years of being on statins?
    Forgive my typo and proofreading. On statin since I was 55. Without statin, cholesterol 240+/-. With statin 130+/-. No indication of liver problems. Only reaction has been cramping at night over the last few years. Started taking my 20 mg in the AM instead of PM and the problem has resolved.

Top Bottom