• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Only reaction has been cramping at night over the last few years. Started taking my 20 mg in the AM instead of PM and the problem has resolved.
    Interesting. I know they say to take it at night as that is when cholesterol is formed or absorbed or whatever. But in the last couple years I have had nighttime foot pain that I think has multiple causes including spinal stenosis and borderline type II diabetes. I think I will switch mine and see what happens.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I want to thank you all. I’m call the dr on Monday and getting my heart check. I won’t take statins. I’ll see what comes back.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Hanging in there right now. Recovery is kinda hard to say. Had a well meaning albeit not wise friend come over last week-with the flu-yep, got the flu on top of it. Not sure weakness is all from HA or flu. Had one night of fever and delirium then. Back to Doctor tomorrow. Thanks for checking on me

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Hanging in there right now. Recovery is kinda hard to say. Had a well meaning albeit not wise friend come over last week-with the flu-yep, got the flu on top of it. Not sure weakness is all from HA or flu. Had one night of fever and delirium then. Back to Doctor tomorrow. Thanks for checking on me
    People that come around other folks when they are sick drive me nuts. Maybe your friend did not have any symptoms when they visited. But you can be infected, and infect others. About a month ago I thought for sure I had Covid. Ended up being laryngitis. Which I have never had before. Lost my voice for a couple of days, sore throat and a horrible cough. Meaning a very deep unproductive cough. Had a couple of coughing fits I thought the wife was going to call 911. Very weird stuff, stayed away from people for about a week. Hope you are OK.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    April, 2008 I had a good doctor's check up. The dentist said my teeth were good. Retired in July. Haven't seen a doctor UNTIL July 29, 2022, 3 am on 7/30/22. I watched an online auction, smoked and dranked a lot while at the computer. Went to bed at 11 pm. At 2:30 am I woke gasping for air. My granddaughter carried me to ER. I walked in the door, handed the girl my cards, What's wrong, Problem breathing. Then there was a doctor at my side, What's wrong, problem breathing. Follow me. He walked through a swinging door. I don't remember walking through it. I woke at 6:30 Sunday evening with a vent in my mouth and 9 IV's going. 1 or 2 IV's were removed everyday for 5 days. 2 days in stepdown while I had test on my heart ran. Small blockage in my legs is all they found. Said I had congestive heart failure. I didn't take any kind of meds up to that time. Now I have 14 in the morning and 6 at night. First doctor's visit was in September, 2022. At 6 month checkup my heart rate was 35%, borderline for a pacemaker. I said wait, summer is coming up. 1 year checkup heart rate 49%. 18 month checkup heart rate 58%. At 73 I still feel young, wish halftrack would stand up like he use to when a pretty girl walks by.

StatlRed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Indy Southsider--Johnson County
    I'm a little late to the discussion. I hadquad by-pass surgery about 7 years ago. I went back to work about 2-1/2 weeks after surgery on a part-time basis but did the full rehab program.

Rehab was great to get me back on track, and I still watch my diet and meds closely. I was back to "normal" pretty quickly--took about 6 to 7 weeks to heal up and resume normal activities.

Good luck with your rehab and recovery!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, some people are idiots. A retired guy at church gave our family the flu. He was bored one day and decided to go hang out with my wife in her office. (She's the secretary) He was sitting there coughing and sweating profusely, obviously VERY sick. He eventually said "Man, I'm really feeling bad now. I think I need to go home."

And the dude didnt even have any official business!!!! He was just bored!!!

So she caught it and gave it to the rest of us. :/

EDIT: He was smart enough to not kill anyone by coming to church 2 days later.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    April, 2008 I had a good doctor's check up. The dentist said my teeth were good. Retired in July. Haven't seen a doctor UNTIL July 29, 2022, 3 am on 7/30/22. I watched an online auction, smoked and dranked a lot while at the computer. Went to bed at 11 pm. At 2:30 am I woke gasping for air. My granddaughter carried me to ER. I walked in the door, handed the girl my cards, What's wrong, Problem breathing. Then there was a doctor at my side, What's wrong, problem breathing. Follow me. He walked through a swinging door. I don't remember walking through it. I woke at 6:30 Sunday evening with a vent in my mouth and 9 IV's going. 1 or 2 IV's were removed everyday for 5 days. 2 days in stepdown while I had test on my heart ran. Small blockage in my legs is all they found. Said I had congestive heart failure. I didn't take any kind of meds up to that time. Now I have 14 in the morning and 6 at night. First doctor's visit was in September, 2022. At 6 month checkup my heart rate was 35%, borderline for a pacemaker. I said wait, summer is coming up. 1 year checkup heart rate 49%. 18 month checkup heart rate 58%. At 73 I still feel young, wish halftrack would stand up like he use to when a pretty girl walks by.
    My wife had all those symptoms and was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy due to enlarged heart during the 2nd trimester of her pregnancy with our daughter 24 years ago. It wasnt due to pregnancy and after she delivered our daughter, she got into a study at the time for multiple lead implanted cardiac devices and got one implanted. She's been through several broken leads and lead and device replacements over the years. We originally thought it was due to bad hardware, but in 2022 she went to Cleveland Clinic as the DR's/hospitals here after doing the same replacement several times wouldn't touch it due to the complexity of the lead fractures. Found out at Cleveland that the DR's here never did a good placement of the device in the first place and lead routing but just kept doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

So far (knock on wood) this latest replacement of leads, etc (they didn't get all the old stuff out) she's doing good.

All that said those implants have been a literal life saver. Her ejection fraction and heart function is near normal with a properly functioning device.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    3 weeks into rehab and not seeing a lot of improvement. Just very tired all the time. I know I need to be more patient but not much fun when you find out you’re not immortal
    Just stick with the rehab and push yourself as much as you can.
    It'll pay off.

I had quadruple bypass back in 2015 and gutted it out as much as my body would let me.
    I was able to get them to let me on the elliptical in the last week, and it was the best of all the machines.
    I even bought a commercial grade one that I still use.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    3 weeks into rehab and not seeing a lot of improvement. Just very tired all the time. I know I need to be more patient but not much fun when you find out you’re not immortal
    Are you better than you were 3 weeks ago? Don't stress about it. Little steps will take you to places you never realized after you look back to see where you were.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I had one in 2011. It took awhile,but I kept at it. How I felt started to improved so I pushed a bit harder. Then felt even better. I started hiking actively again in 2013. By 2019 I felt good enough to hike 2192 miles on the AT solo and did.

We may not be immortal, but our body is pretty amazing at recovering. Lift your head up, put one foot in front of the other, and after a bit you may even find you are in better shape than you were.

It is not easy getting over nearly dying. I choose to try really living and enjoying every moment, it helped. It was still not easy. Here we are in 2024 and I am likely stronger physically than I was in 2011 and doing things that remind me life is worth doing not observing.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    You will get there! You are only 5 weeks into recovery.... I remember rehab - it kicked my behind each day for the full 12 sessions. I delayed starting rehab so when I finished I was at the point of being about 7 weeks post stent procedure. Really started recovering and returning to normal (?) about that time. Be POSITIVE and work on exercise (much like the rehab routine). Mental attitude is important! "You have to act enthusiastic to become enthusiastic!" Or, you have to act positive to become positive! ( From Dale Carnegie's professional sales training program; circa 1976 - I still remember it). Don't allow yourself to sit around and dwell on the negative aspects of your current situation - negative thoughts breed more negativism; it is synergistic! Best of luck in your rehab and keep posting your progress. Obviously, there are a lot of INGO members behind you!

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Never had a problem until EKG picked up irregularities during lens replacement. Went to a cardiologist who said I had a leaky aortic valve, but no symptoms. Fast forward a few months and I'm back in his office for a checkup ending up in a trip to the ER, and on to ICU. He said valve has to be replaced or I'll end up with congestive heart failure. Surgeon sends me to cath lab as she says she can fix any coronary artery problem while she is working in there. She looks like Salma so I'm paying close attention. Cath lab says I have the coronary arteries of a 20 year old at 66. Surgery wasn't fun, but I'm back to working around the woods like I was before and they have been steadily reducing my meds. I figure someday in the near future it will be like this never happened.

Top Bottom