• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Montana has about 1.1 million citizens, almost 68% are firearm owners.
    Im gonna guess it would work out better in a State like Rhode Island, Md or NJ.
    Montana has had medical MJ since '04 and recreational MJ since '21

Perhaps a trial run of gun confiscation using drug use as the excuse, carried out in a sparsely populated state for a smaller and more manageable data set
    NO WAY. (in Montana) Alphabets bois can get away with diddling around with one business owner. But the citizenry and elected law enforcement will not allow themselves or their people to be harassed by the feds.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    They're looking on the 4473 forms for all the "pistols" sold with stabilizing braces -- so they can start kicking down doors with SWAT teams using non-knock warrants. Straight out of Red Dawn.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Here’s an explanation from the Washington gun group channel. No hype just spells some stuff out. We shall see in the next few weeks

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hummmm, I recall a member making the comment a few times here that,
    The evolution of the "pistol brace" turned them into an SBR.
    Who said that again...

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Hummmm, I recall a member making the comment a few times here that,
    The evolution of the "pistol brace" turned them into an SBR.
    Who said that again...
    Several have made comments. I believe Clint Smith even made a statement about it’s just for people to save their $200.

Even though I believe the law is silly what started out as a brace that wrapped around the arm with a strap morphed into a mini stock Not really something a handicapped armed person would benefit from.

We can all believe the law is silly (personally as mentioned I think it is) it’s only about tax revenue than anything else.
    But until some non Rhinos have a majority and actually change so thing (which they won’t they are in it together) here we are!!!

So until then folks will just have to put a plain tube on and run theirs that way. Not sure what the answer is!

Last edited:

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Even though I believe the law is silly what started out as a brace that wrapped around the arm with a strap morphed into a mini stock Not really something a handicapped armed person would benefit from.
    I'm not legally handicapped yet but my support arm/hand no longer functions/looks as originally designed. I know I'm an anecdote, but a brace WOULD help me. There's an exception to every rule and braces are typically used as an ingenious workaround to a stupid law, and if the legal system ever returns to following logic we'll get our braces back.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm not legally handicapped yet but my support arm/hand no longer functions/looks as originally designed. I know I'm an anecdote, but a brace WOULD help me. There's an exception to every rule and braces are typically used as an ingenious workaround to a stupid law, and if the legal system ever returns to following logic we'll get our braces back.
    I get that my comment was just a generalization! And I still scratch my head at why some laws are well laws! But after almost 90 years of challenges I’m not sure the NFA or even parts of it are going to get changed through a court. Could be wrong but we shall see.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My bet is that someone under reported their income.

The video above dismisses that possibility, but i missed the reason why they dismissed it.
    So why was the IRS involved? Especially since the reporting indicates they were point and ATF was only there for support. If its just braces and other NFA issues, the IRS shouldnt be anywhere near this raid.

No, I dont expect an answer. The question just needed to be repeated.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    So why was the IRS involved? Especially since the reporting indicates they were point and ATF was only there for support. If its just braces and other NFA issues, the IRS shouldnt be anywhere near this raid.

If the gun shop charged a transaction fee for every gun transaction, the 4473's could be used as another source document to substantiate gun transactions in a given year and the corresponding revenue which should have been recorded. Especially helpful if the gun shop accepted cash as payment for those transaction fees.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

Tripp is spot in but also in The Washington video all the NFA fees are paid to the Department of the Treasury which is where the IRS come in IF they sold them as an NFA item.

We will all see what happens on their 4th down soon enough!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Several have made comments. I believe Clint Smith even made a statement about it’s just for people to save their $200.

We can all believe the law is silly (personally as mentioned I think it is) it’s only about tax revenue than anything else.
    But until some non Rhinos have a majority and actually change so thing (which they won’t they are in it together) here we are!!!

So until then folks will just have to put a plain tube on and run theirs that way. Not sure what the answer is!
    Like others here, I dont agree with the NFA laws at this time, But. The law is the law, I have no desire to do Federal Time over anything, much less over a $200.00 Tax Stamp.

I have made that statement here a few times in the past. It wasn't a problem when it was just a tube, then it got a strap added to the tube. Then it got a L shape added to the end of the tube.
    Then it got a padded butt plate added to the end of the tube, then the butt plate was made adjustable with a padded butt stock.
    I'm a firm believer that as soon as it went past a tube with a strap it became a NFA Taxable SBR.
    I have believed that for a few years now.
    If one wants an SBR, fill your forms out and pay the tax.

This ride over these firearms isnt over...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wouldn't IRS resources be better utilized by investigating American businesses which are being used by the drug cartels to launder drug money?
    How about investigating American presidents and their family's shell corporations that are being used to launder Ukrainian and Chinese money?

Top Bottom