• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So why was the IRS involved? Especially since the reporting indicates they were point and ATF was only there for support. If its just braces and other NFA issues, the IRS shouldnt be anywhere near this raid.

No, I dont expect an answer. The question just needed to be repeated.

You are asking me why the IRS would be involved in investigating someone under reporting their income?

Wtf, over?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Like others here, I dont agree with the NFA laws at this time, But. The law is the law, I have no desire to do Federal Time over anything, much less over a $200.00 Tax Stamp.

I have made that statement here a few times in the past. It wasn't a problem when it was just a tube, then it got a strap added to the tube. Then it got a L shape added to the end of the tube.
    Then it got a padded butt plate added to the end of the tube, then the butt plate was made adjustable with a padded butt stock.
    I'm a firm believer that as soon as it went past a tube with a strap it became a NFA Taxable SBR.
    I have believed that for a few years now.
    If one wants an SBR, fill your forms out and pay the tax.

This ride over these firearms isnt over...
    I agree with you but a lot of folks get butt hurt when you mention it.

Same with the 80% handgun lowers all fine and dandy until they started shipping everything to finish it as a kit and they end up in places like NYC it’s gonna become an issue before long but here they are acting surprised!

I have also said this before and will repeat. Everyone can do whatever they want just make sure they have the career and bank account that can handle it!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Same with the 80% handgun lowers all fine and dandy until they started shipping everything to finish it as a kit and they end up in places like NYC it’s gonna become an issue before long but here they are acting surprised!

I have also said this before and will repeat. Everyone can do whatever they want just make sure they have the career and bank account that can handle it!
    Exactly.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Sorry, but when a non-elected bureaucracy states it’s all fine and dandy for a decade and then changes their mind instantly? No. **** that. **** them. **** this administration all the way to hell. You can’t tell
    Millions of people it’s legal and then change your mind on a whim and make
    Millions of people felons overnight. No. Full. Stop.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Sorry, but when a non-elected bureaucracy states it’s all fine and dandy for a decade and then changes their mind instantly? No. **** that. **** them. **** this administration all the way to hell. You can’t tell
    You might want to go and read the 1934 Gun Control Act my friend.
    They stopped being pistols when butt stocks were added.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I get it they shouldn’t have said everything was good but to be fair when you take THIER word for an interpretation that YOU like (actually we all lined it but you know what I am getting at) when there wasn’t a law allowing/protecting it well here we are!

I know it blows not sure what the next step is!

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I get it they shouldn’t have said everything was good but to be fair when you take THIER word for an interpretation that YOU like (actually we all lined it but you know what I am getting at) when there wasn’t a law allowing/protecting it well here we are!

I know it blows not sure what the next step is!
    There should not be a non-elected agency that has the power to create millions of felons in a whim.

Sure you and creedmoor don’t like them blah blah blah so it’s ok this rule is out now because you don’t agree. The problem is where do they stop? The answer is they don’t. Next it’ll be that magazines over 10 rounds constitute a machine gun. Then specific calibers. Then semi-auto as a whole is too easily converted.

These people want us to be unarmed and will not stop. My only regret is I never got my 10.5” at pistol with a brace before these ****ers made it too difficult.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    There should not be a non-elected agency that has the power to create millions of felons in a whim.

Sure you and creedmoor don’t like them blah blah blah so it’s ok this rule is out now because you don’t agree. The problem is where do they stop? The answer is they don’t. Next it’ll be that magazines over 10 rounds constitute a machine gun. Then specific calibers. Then semi-auto as a whole is too easily converted.

These people want us to be unarmed and will not stop. My only regret is I never got my 10.5” at pistol with a brace before these ****ers made it too difficult.
    Where did I say I didn’t like them?

All I said was over time companies have skirted the whole “stabilizing Brace” and it morphed into a stock. I’d go as far as be willing to wager IF they stayed with the original brace with Velcro straps and wide part that actually goes around the arm it probably wouldn’t be having this thread!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Where did I say I didn’t like them?

All I said was over time companies have skirted the whole “stabilizing Brace” and it morphed into a stock. I’d go as far as be willing to wager IF they stayed with the original brace with Velcro straps and wide part that actually goes around the arm it probably wouldn’t be having this thread!

If the Second Amendment was enforced we would not be having this thread.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Why do you think either of us dont like them?

Why is it so hard to understand the law?
    I mean its only been this way since 1934.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Why do you think either of us dont like them?

Why is it so hard to understand the law?
    I mean its only been this way since 1934.
    And you’re missing the bulk of my post yet again. We have an unelected rogue agency making rules with the weight of law that creates millions of felons at will with no way to rein it in. I don’t give two shits what your opinion is on braces. The problem is an out of control agency that changes its mind in the whims of a tinpot dictator

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom