Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Clarification, in case you need it:

I didn't state anything about this forums rules, but I did make a statement about a different forum that had some ideas that didn't end up "working" for people.

I used to "rule" via that document, and make statements like you did about "won't end well"... and it really didn't accomplish much. All of that teams, and my, literal years of service are now like grains of sand.

What I SHOULD have been doing was thinking through how to apply the rules to a given situation, or if the rules were even worthwhile.

Instead, I rode the horse, and just pi**ed people off, like I was told to do.

Hey, if you can't be an example, then at least be a warning, right?

Well, I'm your warning, sadly.

My point is that we should, wherever possible, try to act like the words we are responding to are being spoken by a person at the seat next to us at the pub. That's because they basically are.

We didn't do that here, and we need to recognize the failure, to be able to improve.

Anyway. I'm done waxing. Back to my slow lane.
    Upon further review: my reply up-thread was a bit surly. There aren't many places like this left, and we all had another we frequented (or 2 in my case) that are long gone.

There is a fine line to be walked here between herding cats and over-moderation.

That was a rare Eric Clapton ban (After Midnight) so it's still day 30 of the Humble Pie reference. BTW, I claim both of "Eric Clapton ban" and "Humble Pie reference" ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Upon further review: my reply up-thread was a bit surly. There aren't many places like this left, and we all had another we frequented (or 2 in my case) that are long gone.

There is a fine line to be walked here between herding cats and over-moderation.

That was a rare Eric Clapton J.J. Cale ban (After Midnight) so it's still day 30 of the Humble Pie reference. BTW, I claim both of "Eric Clapton J.J. Cale ban" and "Humble Pie reference" ;)
    FIFY... ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    fe449be7216e1c1ed61587718e5547e3--ball-caps-cap-dagde.jpg

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    There are some acronyms that need the (spelled out) with it. Radar? Not so much. ASCAP? Definitely.

In keeping with the musical subtext:

BMI (not about your weight)
    NAB (not a Liam Neeson movie)
    NABET (not to be confused with "nattering nabob")
    IATSE (not a board game)
    SMPTE (not ever meaning "simply", though it sounds the same)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom