• Status
    Not open for further replies.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Is this the kind of welcome we want to be known for, INGO?

A couple of you need to climb down off that fu**ing horse, because it's tired, and you're particularly heavy trolls today.

This new brother of ours has already had to play defense for at least TEN PERCENT of the magic 50...in his own INTRO THREAD.

Ffs... this place is usually great, but you should be ashamed of yourselves for your actions here.

-Nate

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm glad you responded and thank you. My intensions are/ were just that, to contribute and utilize the boards get my access organically. It's not particularly welcoming after signing up weeks ago, reading all the rules, then taking time to make an initial post just to be accused of trying to circumvent or not read the rules. There is an endless supply of boneheads online, and I appreciate your efforts to sweep up that trash.
    Yeah, I think we're done here.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is this the kind of welcome we want to be known for, INGO?

A couple of you need to climb down off that fu**ing horse, because it's tired, and you're particularly heavy trolls today.

This new brother of ours has already had to play defense for at least TEN PERCENT of the magic 50...in his own INTRO THREAD.

Ffs... this place is usually great, but you should be ashamed of yourselves for your actions here.

-Nate
    Care to be a bit more specific on who is riding that "fu**ing high horse" their partner? If you're referring to me, as one of them I explained what my intentions were. Never intended to run anyone off. Was just wanting to see if they were aware of everything on how to get to where they want to go.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    @KellyinAvon, this sure ain't a democracy, but whoever this is should be given some grace, after the way we treated their intro thread.

I've seen lots worse get treated lots better.

@KG1, I wasn't singling anybody out by name for a reason, but I guess if you felt that way, then the boot must fit?

We can all do better sometimes, evaluating the tone of our messages, this new guy included, but going on the high horse offensive about a guy's simple comments about classifieds...well, it makes us look like children.

And, uh, this place ain't unique. There are other options, and forums CAN die.

Snipershide owns almost 200,000 users.

SniperCentral/SniperForums--which I was an admin and moderator of in the 2000's era when "The Hide" was roughly an equal--well, that city of 25,000 is now a ghost town.

Lots of reasons why, but a fairly puritanical set of rules enforced by an iron fist was one.

I should know. I was the fist.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @KellyinAvon, this sure ain't a democracy, but whoever this is should be given some grace, after the way we treated their intro thread.

@KG1, I wasn't singling anybody out by name for a reason, but I guess if you felt that way, then the boot must fit?

We can all do better sometimes, evaluating the tone of our messages, this new guy included, but going on the high horse offensive about a guy's simple comments about classifieds...well, it makes us look like children.

SniperCentral/SniperForums, which I was an admin and moderator of in the 2000's era... well, a city of 25,000 is now a ghost town. Lots of reasons why, but a fairly puritanical set of rules enforced by an iron fist was one.

How should I put this... thank you for your input. I think we'll disagree on what is and what isn't puritanical.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

We can all do better sometimes, evaluating the tone of ou new guy included, but going on the high horse offensive about a guy's simple comments about classifieds...well, it makes us look like children.

SniperCentral/SniperForums--which I was an admin and moderator of in the 2000's era when "The Hide" was roughly an equal--well, that city of 25,000 is now a ghost town.

Lots of reasons why, but a fairly puritanical set of rules enforced by an iron fist was one.

You obviously had to have "the few" you were referring to specifically in mind. Perhaps if I was one of those "few" you may have missed the post where I apologized for any misunderstanding.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    How should I put this... thank you for your input. I think we'll disagree on what is and what isn't puritanical.

Clarification, in case you need it:

I didn't state anything about this forums rules, but I did make a statement about a different forum that had some ideas that didn't end up "working" for people.

I used to "rule" via that document, and make statements like you did about "won't end well"... and it really didn't accomplish much. All of that teams, and my, literal years of service are now like grains of sand.

What I SHOULD have been doing was thinking through how to apply the rules to a given situation, or if the rules were even worthwhile.

Instead, I rode the horse, and just pi**ed people off, like I was told to do.

Hey, if you can't be an example, then at least be a warning, right?

Well, I'm your warning, sadly.

My point is that we should, wherever possible, try to act like the words we are responding to are being spoken by a person at the seat next to us at the pub. That's because they basically are.

We didn't do that here, and we need to recognize the failure, to be able to improve.

Anyway. I'm done waxing. Back to my slow lane.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's probably not a good idea to mention the classifieds in an introductory post. Things tend to get a bit wonky when they are. Some of us tend to be a bit too overly protective of them and want to make sure that new members are aware of all the rules and options so there aren't any problems.

I never intended to come off as an a-hole about it. I think there were a number of misunderstandings on both sides and if it were up to me I wouldn't object to this member being re-instated. I would be among the first to welcome him.

I've said my piece.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's probably not a good idea to mention the classifieds in an introductory post. Things tend to get a bit wonky when they are. Some of us tend to be a bit too overly protective of them and want to make sure that new members are aware of all the rules and options so there aren't any problems.

I never intended to come off as an a-hole about it. I think there were a number of misunderstandings on both sides and if it were up to me I wouldn't object to this member being re-instated. I would be among the first to welcome him.

I've said my peace.
    I don't think it was you.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    New here, evidently I need to comment more to get access to classified adds..
    I posted a pic in the great outdoors picture section... Only 49 more to go!!! Unless that's a "one liner," hum... Like most Internet activities everyone is worried about everyone else . I've read the rules and if I'd rather contribute then I can't see why or how that matters to anyone how I gain access to the classified section. Are my future contributions a threat? Good lord
    I’ve been told that you must comment with content before anything will be counted towards fulfilling the requirement. It’s more so that you appreciate the knowledge and content that is here. There are ways around it if you want to pay a fee yearly as well.

@KellyinAvon is just too polite.
    Allow me to pay you the compliment of being blunt.
    If we don't like you, we won't sell to you.
    I say this to you in the spirit of brotherhood, and with only the best intentions for you.
    Now, how do you suppose we decide if we like, or trust, you?
    By the content of those first 50 posts, that's how.
    Until we get a feel for you, you're just another ATF agent, or worse, on the prowl. Nobody is going to set up a FTF meeting with you for a sale until they feel secure about your intentions.

So feel free to make all the snarky remarks you want about rules, or those who suggest you follow them. We have a very healthy sense of humor, here, but you do know the rules, and we know you do, 'cause to join you had to click on a box that said you read them.

So quit being a dick about it. :coffee:

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    @KellyinAvon is just too polite.
    Allow me to pay you the compliment of being blunt.
    If we don't like you, we won't sell to you.
    I say this to you in the spirit of brotherhood, and with only the best intentions for you.
    Now, how do you suppose we decide if we like, or trust, you?
    By the content of those first 50 posts, that's how.
    Until we get a feel for you, you're just another ATF agent, or worse, on the prowl. Nobody is going to set up a FTF meeting with you for a sale until they feel secure about your intentions.

So feel free to make all the snarky remarks you want about rules, or those who suggest you follow them. We have a very healthy sense if humor, here, but you do know the rules, and we know you do, 'cause to join you had to click on a box that said you read them.

So quit being a dick about it. :coffee:
    <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qH7J4EXzSCmBy" width="480" height="349" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom