• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

treg4057

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2024
    I was researching info about a JC Higgins model 29 and found some posts on your site here. I'm refinishing it for a friend and didn't know all that much about the Sears 22's. This one had large initials carved into the stock previously and had been filled in crudely. I was able to sand through the mess and found some nice wood underneath so I'm excited to see what can be. The receiver has some scratches from where a scope had once been and that's what I'm looking to find and install...the weaver huntsman is what I believe was originally sold with it.
    Such a cool little rifle in it's simplicity...I may need to make an offer on it when I'm done! :)
    Tom

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was researching info about a JC Higgins model 29 and found some posts on your site here. I'm refinishing it for a friend and didn't know all that much about the Sears 22's. This one had large initials carved into the stock previously and had been filled in crudely. I was able to sand through the mess and found some nice wood underneath so I'm excited to see what can be. The receiver has some scratches from where a scope had once been and that's what I'm looking to find and install...the weaver huntsman is what I believe was originally sold with it.
    Such a cool little rifle in it's simplicity...I may need to make an offer on it when I'm done! :)
    Tom
    Welcome to INGO Tom. You've come to the right place for info on anything firearms related.

My fellow INGOers will be chiming in, just as soon as you acknowledge that Bill Belichick is satan and worse than hitler :lmfao:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Welcome to INGO Tom. You've come to the right place for info on anything firearms related.

My fellow INGOers will be chiming in, just as soon as you acknowledge that Bill Belichick is satan and worse than hitler :lmfao:
    Aren't you usually the voice of reason and telling us to be nice? And by the way Treg, welcome from NE IN.

treg4057

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2024
    I knew I was taking my chances joining this group...but I think I like you guys already. As a former season ticket holder in the 90's freezing my backside on the metal benches of the old Sullivan stadium, all I can say is that it took both the power of Satan and his sidekick Judas (Brady) to reverse our fortunes. And now we'll go crawl back under our rock for a few decades!
    I'll post a few pics of the JC Higgins when she's done.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Welcome from NWI. Besides the Satan Belichick thing we are glad to have you here.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hello n Welcome, hope you stick around for awhile. It‘s always good to hear about how things are in other places. It’ll be interesting to hear about gun culture in Mass. if that’s your zip.
    Look forward to the finished project.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tom
    :postpics: we'll wait right here...
    We would love to see pics of before as well as after.
    It's kind of a thing here.

Welcome anyways

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom