Not open for further replies.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Hello All!
    My name is Adam and I hail from Seymour down in Jackson County. I have been lurking on INGO for a few months, so I figured now is as good as ever to introduce myself.

I have been into guns and anything else that goes “boom” since I was little. I started out with BB guns and lighting fireworks for the family on the Fourth of July, as well as recurve bow archery. I then moved up to .22s and .410 shotguns with my dad when I got older. I got out of guns for a while to focus on my education and being with my family, but now that things are starting to settle down, I can start collecting and shooting again!

The first gun I ever purchased was an AMT Hardballer Longslide which ran flawlessly and then a 10/22 that my son now lays claim to. I also have a Mossberg 500E and a Springfield 187 my Grandfather passed down to me before he passed away. I just got done building my first AR-15 with the help of Kurt from Acme and my wife also bought a Sig P238 from Acme with the Titanium Rainbow finish. My next goal right now is to build a custom 1911 for my father for Christmas.

I hope to get done with a Mechanical Engineering degree soon so I can be on my way to becoming a gunsmith! Aside from that, I really just need to get my LTCH so I can actually start carrying a gun with me (which I haven’t really decided on which gun to go with.)

I am more of a reader than a poster so I probably will not be all that active, I just prefer to read as much as I can to learn as much as possible. I do hope to meet some fellow INGOers as my wife and I attend shooting classes and gun shows this year (cannot wait for the 1500!)

That’s enough rambling on for now, thanks for reading!
    -Adam

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Great! Just what we need another engineer running around Seymour. :laugh: (Had to say it just for all of those Cummins guys running around.) ;)

But welcome. It is great to see another Seymourian (is that right? :n00b:). What do I know I am an import to Jackson County.

Please do not be a stranger and try to post often. You will find there are a few Jackson County people on INGO. Every once in a while we even let the Scott County guys join in. :D

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    I would love to meet up with some fellow Seymour/Jackson County people so I would have some people to just talk guns with. I try to talk guns with my wife and she does try to listen, but she just doesn't really care about guns past what she likes. It would be really nice to just talk with some people who really care about all different types of guns and maybe meet up for a shoot sometime ( I lost my "range" in the country when my mom and dad moved.)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would love to meet up with some fellow Seymour/Jackson County people so I would have some people to just talk guns with. I try to talk guns with my wife and she does try to listen, but she just doesn't really care about guns past what she likes. It would be really nice to just talk with some people who really care about all different types of guns and maybe meet up for a shoot sometime ( I lost my "range" in the country when my mom and dad moved.)

What you are referring to is a meet and greet. Been known to happen from time to time. I met some of my very best shooting buddies on INGO. Lucky for you we also have a few ranges around here. South Central Gun Club in Freetown, Sand Creek Conservation Club in Elizabethtown, Crossley in North Vernon.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Thank you for all the welcomes! Vert- I was actually planning to go to Sand Creek for a pistol course in September. I notice you also didn't mention Camp Atterbury in your list, is there a reason for that? I have seen reviews going both ways about going there, so I thought I'd ask; I also didn't know about the one in freetown, good to know!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thank you for all the welcomes! Vert- I was actually planning to go to Sand Creek for a pistol course in September. I notice you also didn't mention Camp Atterbury in your list, is there a reason for that? I have seen reviews going both ways about going there, so I thought I'd ask; I also didn't know about the one in freetown, good to know!

Good to know. Little trick. Club members can take that class for $50. Or should I say active club members. So you should consider joining. Also we will be doing basic personal protection the following week. It has not yet been advertised. You see more of CraigH and myself then you care too. Incidentally craig is president of sough central gun club, so not a bad class/place to get introduced to people and shooting ranges and such.

Atterbury is fine. Just farther away. I just mentioned stuff within 20 miles.

Jbloemenberg PMed about doing a meet and greet in august or September. So get that post count to what it needs to be so you can use private message or become a site supporter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom