• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi everyone. I've joined INgunowners because I believe that every citizen of every country should have the right to keep and bear arms. Unfortunately, here in the UK the government feels it has the right to strip it's people of the right to own the correct tools to protect themselves. . .
    Hi and welcome. I spend time in Wales and have friends there. With any luck I'll be back in the springtime for a few days at Easter. I'll also be there again this summer for a more extended holiday. Nice to have you aboard.

This summer I'll be doing some stalking with one of your citizens who is licensed to shoot/kill predatory animals that are causing problems. It will be nice to walk more of the fields and hills of your country, even if the boot of the English is pressed against your neck, you have maintained a wonderful and distinct identity.

bertenshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    wales uk
    Welcome! I'll have to take a look at the letters :D

Thanks. A guy at work read a few of them and got hooked. James B talked of having dinner over an open fire and the Indians. They sat with them and had some food. IIRC it was at Silver Bow Montana.
    Some of the stories are brilliant, please take the time to read them, I doubt if there will ever be anything like it again.
    best wishes to you all.

bertenshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    wales uk
    :noway:
    Hi and welcome. I spend time in Wales and have friends there. With any luck I'll be back in the springtime for a few days at Easter. I'll also be there again this summer for a more extended holiday. Nice to have you aboard.

This summer I'll be doing some stalking with one of your citizens who is licensed to shoot/kill predatory animals that are causing problems. It will be nice to walk more of the fields and hills of your country, even if the boot of the English is pressed against your neck, you have maintained a wonderful and distinct identity.
    Thanks. Where are you visiting?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    :noway:
    Thanks. Where are you visiting?

My good friend lives near Aberystwyth. I personally like the St David's area and like to rent a cottage there. This Easter we will have very limited time, I'm taking the family to southern France for a week to visit some Roman ruins, but plan to take another week and head up to London for about 3 days and then head west to visit Tintern Abbey which is a bit of a ways north of Cardiff.

I'll be in London this summer for a wedding with my family, we plan to stay in the UK for about a month and travel around again. I'd love to get up the west coast of Scotland again, and of course back down to Wales to meet up with our friend and have an extended visit with her.

bertenshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    wales uk
    I'm quite a way from Aberystwyth, but about 60 miles from Tintern Abbey. I'm in Mumbles, just west of Swansea. You should come down one day, nice little fishing village (was) lot's of good places to eat, beautifull beaches - If only we had the weather 8>)
    We even have a shooting range in Swansea. Plenty of 2nd amendment supporters there on tuesday nights 8>)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm quite a way from Aberystwyth, but about 60 miles from Tintern Abbey. I'm in Mumbles, just west of Swansea. You should come down one day, nice little fishing village (was) lot's of good places to eat, beautifull beaches - If only we had the weather 8>)
    We even have a shooting range in Swansea. Plenty of 2nd amendment supporters there on tuesday nights 8>)

You said the magic words :ar15:

I may send you a private message as we get closer to summer, maybe we can meet up for a bit of shooting, or perhaps just meet at a pub.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Welcome to the board from Fishers! My wife and I just returned from your neck of the woods not long ago, and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. It's a shame the U.K. is so restrictive of firearms ownership, but if you make it over here you're welcome to join in for some comaraderie at the range!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Welcome to INGO, if you make it over the pond make sure to let us know. I'm sure we could get a good group together for a shoot! Thats whats so great about INGO, people getting together!:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    BTW my great great grandmother married a Freeman after her first husband died ! We're not related, are we?

Unlikely, we've been here a while. My family was asked to leave after the Battle of Worcester.

We are west countrymen, from Devon.

gb-devon.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom