Not open for further replies.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Be thick skinned and nod yes a lot. This is a strong family of veteran Ingoers that will test your wits. Ask questions and be yourself and you will be fine.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Well I don't smoke or play the lottery and I'm always willing to put forward a reasonable amount to support a good community. But with that said a good community (and good community members) are welcoming and understanding that some people don't just throw money at something 3 seconds after being here and may want to see if its a good fit. Maybe instead of coming in hot and trying to be that guy maybe you should be welcoming and helpful like everyone else on this thread. That's just my opinion boss, so take it with whatever grain of salt you like.
    His comment wasn't directed at you personally, there have been a lot of new members (especially recently) who barrel in here asking about this issue. When explained, some take with grace, while others melt down and tell us to go f*** ourselves and that the mods should go f*** themselves. I've been on here for almost a year, followed the site for over three years, and it repeats itself like clockwork.

This site is a community (albeit with some ornery members) first and foremost. A lot see people barreling in here just for the classifieds (not claiming you are) like people going to a convention just for the free food rather than engaging in said convention.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    His comment wasn't directed at you personally, there have been a lot of new members (especially recently) who barrel in here asking about this issue. When explained, some take with grace, while others melt down and tell us to go f*** ourselves and that the mods should go f*** themselves. I've been on here for almost a year, followed the site for over three years, and it repeats itself like clockwork.

This site is a community (albeit with some ornery members) first and foremost. A lot see people barreling in here just for the classifieds (not claiming you are) like people going to a convention just for the free food rather than engaging in said convention.
    Who are you callin' ornery?

:shady:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hello and welcome.
    you may not read this but keep in mind that almost on a weekly basis some joins and complains that there are rules here. The classifieds are a community marketplace but people don’t want to be part of the community. So it just wears thin on some people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well I don't smoke or play the lottery and I'm always willing to put forward a reasonable amount to support a good community. But with that said a good community (and good community members) are welcoming and understanding that some people don't just throw money at something 3 seconds after being here and may want to see if its a good fit. Maybe instead of coming in hot and trying to be that guy maybe you should be welcoming and helpful like everyone else on this thread. That's just my opinion boss, so take it with whatever grain of salt you like.

Sorry, but some guys assume this is going in a certain direction, because we've seen it half a dozen times... just this week.

I hope you stay. Become part of the conversation. Learn, or Teach.
    Maybe even be entertained.

We are a forum for conversation, and we have a classifieds for the members.
    Unlike a site that is just for sales.

Just like a family (well, not JUST like a family) we have a lot of different personalities.
    At the end of the day, they don't affect your job, your home, or your paycheck.
    But, some of them are good sources of information.
    And some will bend over backwards to help people here.
    I've seen it a lot of times.
    Loaning people stuff.
    Taking people to the range.
    Helping people fix stuff.
    Looking up laws to answer a question.

But, while some people jump and assume the 'new guy' is gonna blow up and yell at everyone, maybe realize, that after seeing it 10,000 times, that may be why they jump the gun.

Reactions: KG1

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    @Hellboy , Welcome to our highly functional dysfunctional family.....
    From Lowellabama.

Don't fret, this is just the standard gettin' to know you.

Even when you can access the classies, members here will decide whether to do business with you based on your content here.

Helpful hint: purple means sarcasm/just kidding......and, yes, a thick skin is a valuable asset here.

Reactions: Mij
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom