• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    First, dumb move unholstering, second it's also a dumb move doing so in a place that sells alcohol. FIREARMS AND ALCOHOL DO NO MIX, If you choose to carry, you choose not to drink!

That said, depending on the place, the employee turnover is such that if you keep a low profile and stay away a few weeks, the bartender may be gone. Unless you were outed to the owner, or the other staff. If you have to go in because of a job, go in keep a low profile, maybe get a pair of glasses (or different looking glasses). DON'T HANG OUT NEAR THE BAR, stay in the back and keep a low profile possibly at a table, you probably will be fine depending on circumstances. Most of the people in a restaurant see so many people they can't remember who they see day to day. So give it some time and then play it cool. But never go near the bar, order thru a waitress if you have too. Waitresses turn over much more.

Sorry folks, this was a STUPID move, but it's not worth loosing a job over.

EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Glad to hear you learned a cheap lesson. Hopefully someone else will learn from your mistakes. This is a great site to learn from. Some can be harsh and unforgiving but others use this as a tool to teach. Maybe we all can learn from this thread so we don't drive away new contributors.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would agree it's unwise, but can you cite an IC or relevant case law that makes it illegal?

Not in this state, but because it's legal, doesn't make it a good idea.

Look at the basic firearms rules on many firearms safety posters and you will see "FIREARMS AND ALCOHOL DO NOT MIX"

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I would agree it's unwise, but can you cite an IC or relevant case law that makes it illegal?

There was a case a few years back were man shot and killed someone that had broken into his house. The man was drunk and the court ruled it as homicide because he was drunk and that he was not in a rational mind set to effectively make the decision to use deadly force for self defense.
    I wish I could have found the case, but no luck. I know in Wisconsin that once you are over the legal limit to operate a vehicle, you should leave the gun in its holster. Heck, just having it with you can bring an intoxicated possession charge.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah, scary thought if you were to be drinking when somebody decided to break into your house. I guess it's a good thing I don't do anything beyond have a beer or two here or there.

growler46901

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Please don't break in if, it's late and Im smoking a cigar with George Jones playing. Sure don't wanna go to jail!
    Growler

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    morons and criminals wave their guns around in public.. how many people get killed while you are determining which is in front of you?

THIS ^^^^^

Could have been arrested or shot and he's pissed that he got the boot from a resturant.......here's your sign.

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    Everyone makes mistakes but this is a big one... The resturant or any place can ask you not to come back especially if they think that this is unsafe and it will bother other patrons.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Quit agreeing with myself!

Just because you agree with yourself, doesn't mean you're the only one who agrees with you :cheers: passed some rep to you since I am using a different IP addy it won't look :shady: at all... :rockwoot:

I am glad that the OP realizes what was wrong about the situation and took what was said here in good stride. We have all done something similarly stupid in the past and have all learned from it, as I am sure the OP will remember this for years to come.

I too hope that he sticks around. This is a great place to hang out and learn and share new info with others.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Yes they can ban you.

If anything, be happy they didn't call the police and request you be formally 'trespassed' off the property. Doing that would legally ban you from the property. They did you a favor, said stay away for the rest of the year. What you did was pretty silly.

Police aren't needed for any formal ban. An agent or owner of the property is good enough, and any good prosecutor will file charges so long as the person who gave the denial of entry cooperates with the prosecution. Originally, the first denial of entry was too vague for prosecution. "For awhile" isn't specific enough to for the charges to hold up in court. However, the newly issued warning to "not come back in 2013" is specific enough for charges to stick.

Top Bottom