• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm interested in getting a pocket gun. I've never really looked into them before. And I've never had the chance to shoot one yet either.

I want a .380. And I'd like it to be small enough to conceal easy. But I don't want it extremely small. I'd want to be able to shoot it all the time, comfortably.

And I don't want to buy a cheap one. It has to be a quality one, something I can depend on with my life.

Any suggestions?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've had my eye on the SIG P238 for some time, now that they seem to have gotten the bugs shook out of it. Of course, the old school Colt Mustang it was modeled after is still pretty easy to find, if dearly priced. And although you said .380, the new Beretta 9mm super compact and the new SIG 9mm super compact might be worth looking at. And there are a lot of people happy with their P3AT's and Ruger LCP's out there, even if they probably fall into your classification as a "cheap" guns.

travisf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Diamondback has a nice .380. Price is decent and I put 25 rounds thru it today for the first time and it went better than expected. The trigger pull wasn't too bad either. It was fun to shoot and I can put it in my front pocket without printing.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have owned a Jennings(Can't remember who bought them?) and the Ruger LCP. I am really happy about purchasing the Ruger, originally for my wife, and have been thinking about picking up another.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have a bunch of short barrel guns from BERETTA 950 25acp, FN 1910 32acp, two COLT OFFICERS 45acp, PARA ORDNANCE P-12 45acp, & two SMITH & WESSON 657 41mag with 3 inch barrels

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not a popular choice but I love mine. NAA Black Widow or Pug. The new Hornady .22 Mag amo seems to perform right up there with .380. Get one with the LR cylinder for cheaper shooting. Jim

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have to go along with the NAA, just a little different gun though. I like the NAA Guardian line, I have been carrying a Guardian 32acp for 10+ years with absolutely no problems. I bought a 32NAA (bottlenecked cartridge) from a fellow INGO member, very nice gun, ammo is a little exspensive though. I am currently waiting on the arrival of my .380 Guardian (actually made by Kahr). I considered buying a Kahr 380 from the INGO classifieds, but stuck with the tried and proven Guardian. Mine has a pocketslipper laser, quick target aquisition and it doesn't "print" as a gun in your pocket.

picture.php

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Diamondback has a nice .380. Price is decent and I put 25 rounds thru it today for the first time and it went better than expected. The trigger pull wasn't too bad either. It was fun to shoot and I can put it in my front pocket without printing.
    I have a DB380 and had a few initial problems (it was a ZAxxxx serial number, early production), but they replaced it with a ZCxxxx gun and it's been flawless ever since. A lot of times the mouse guns require a little extra break-in, fluff and buff, etc. to make them reliable.

Lots of good info on both the DB380 and the DB9 here... DiamondbackTalk.com » Index page

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I have a Ruger lcp and I like it for what it is.

I know you said you wanted a .380, but if you are not totally set on that you might check out the Ruger lc9 also... it is not much larger than the lcp and chambered in 9mm.

The Bersa concealed carry models are also reliable and fairly accurate for their size.. but are a bit larger than the ruger lcp / keltec varieties.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    NAA Guardian
    Kahr P380

I have not shot either, but I have dry fired both and I liked their triggers and ergonomics. I do have 2 other Kahr pistols (a CM9 and a TP45) and I really like both.

I would also recommend the Ruger LCP, though again I have only handled and dry fired a couple.

Here are a couple links you should look at:

Defining A True Pocket Pistol

http://mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Top Bottom