• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I'd want to be able to shoot it all the time, comfortably.

That's going to be the challenge. I've shot the LCP and the TCP and neither are much fun to shoot extensively, particularly the LCP. It tended to pinch my finger and rub it raw. With both guns the trigger breaks pretty far back. You probably ought to dry fire some to see how you like it.

I have a Kahr P380 which has been flawless and has a very smooth trigger, it breaks further forward than the TCP and LCP. It also has real sights. The TCP and LCP barely have any sights at all. The Kahr locks back when empty, I'm not sure about the TCP and LCP, they may or may not, I can't remember.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I have to go along with the NAA, just a little different gun though. I like the NAA Guardian line, I have been carrying a Guardian 32acp for 10+ years with absolutely no problems.
    <snip>
    Mine has a pocketslipper laser, quick target aquisition and it doesn't "print" as a gun in your pocket.

picture.php

I love this. It looks brilliant for the purpose.

I'm thinking more at .380 for a pocket gun, but availability of ammo is an issue.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    The Kahr PM9 was too big for me to pocket carry, not that I couldn't, just bigger than I wanted. But the Kahr P380 is about perfect and Very reliable!

zapind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008

The Ruger LCPis nice for the price, but the sights are not very good… My Kahr P380 has far better sights and is mychoice for pocket carry. The Sig P238 isvery well built but I don’t like the idea of carrying cocked and locked in thepocket.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love my Sig P238. It's a great little gun that carries very well and is fun to shoot. I've had mine for almost 2 years now and like it just as much today as I did when I bought it.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Do yourself a favor

Do yourself a favor, get a 9mm.
    Many new 9mm pistols, are as light
    and compact as any 380. More power,
    much cheaper ammo.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    So true.

Do yourself a favor, get a 9mm.
    Many new 9mm pistols, are as light
    and compact as any 380. More power,
    much cheaper ammo.

This is so true, but I carry a .380 Bodyguard. Looks like a wallet in my back pocket. It is no fun the range cause it is a challenge to shoot and expensive to practice. Yet there no substitute to the freedom of daily carry, no wardrobe concerns. In and out of every pocket, only takes a split second to grab and go.

Check out a hunter holster - $20.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I carry a Kahr CM9, my wife has a p380. Carried an LCP for a good while, but prefer either of the Kahrs. When I get a chance (errr... more money) - I'll probably grab one more p380 for me - for when I don't feel like carrying the CM9.

Unlike the LCP and some of the others mentioned - the p380 _doesn't_ hurt to shoot, have crappy sights, etc. It's a 380 that is honestly fun to go to the range with. I could go through a couple of boxes or more with no issues.

Again - not dissing any of the other stuff mentioned - but if I was doing it all over again - I'd spend the extra beans on a Kahr for a pocket gun.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    I have to go along with the NAA, just a little different gun though. I like the NAA Guardian line, I have been carrying a Guardian 32acp for 10+ years with absolutely no problems. I bought a 32NAA (bottlenecked cartridge) from a fellow INGO member, very nice gun, ammo is a little exspensive though. I am currently waiting on the arrival of my .380 Guardian (actually made by Kahr). I considered buying a Kahr 380 from the INGO classifieds, but stuck with the tried and proven Guardian. Mine has a pocketslipper laser, quick target aquisition and it doesn't "print" as a gun in your pocket.

picture.php

I second the NAA Guardian. Mine is .32 ca

Top Bottom