Help me understand the distain for Donald Trump.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Romans 8

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    That's great and all, but that's not explaining why Christians are self-sorting into pro/anti Trump. Or explaining why Christians are devoting so much energy to him.
    It's hard to get more apolitical than Jesus was, yet Christians everywhere are waving Trump flags. Why?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    That's great and all, but that's not explaining why Christians are self-sorting into pro/anti Trump. Or explaining why Christians are devoting so much energy to him.
    It's hard to get more apolitical than Jesus was, yet Christians everywhere are waving Trump flags. Why?

If you believed the Bible, I wouldn't have to explain it to you. Since you don't, I can't help you.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you believe the Bible, I wouldn't have to explain it to you. Since you don't, I can't help you.
    :wow:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. One Christian is literally calling another a non-believer because they don't approve of one specific politician.
    I honestly can't imagine how you could explain using the Bible. I can't think of any passage that demands we fall into lockstep to a politician - especially one like that.

Sir, you know nothing about my beliefs. And to openly demean a fellow believer like that is disgusting. Is this how far down we've sunk in the church?

95dbfc6b5a633156b5af40ab8b4a9fac.gif

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I disliked him before he got into office.

When he came out in full support of civil asset forfeiture I knew he was no different than Bush, Obama and all the rest. Sure he talks different, but his actions lead to the same results.

Then he pulled that **** with bumpstocks. I'll quote BJHay above since he said it so well, "I never trusted Trump on 2A matters after he, illegally in my opinion, caused the AFT to reinterpret standing guidance on bump stocks causing them to become illegal. That cooled support for him among many gun owners. To be clear it wasn't that bump stocks were a big deal but rather he introduced a tactic that courts have (so far) supported and is now in the arsenal of future presidents that may be even more anti-gun."

He signed a bill outlawing the construction of the border wall. Only where current wall or barricades exist can new wall be constructed. If the area had nothing then nothing can be built. I forget which one of those ridiculous spending bills it was, but this happened in 2017. If I find the American Thinker link I'll be sure to post it so people actually understand what Trump did as far as a wall on the southern border is concerned.

And of course there's his handling of the Covid hoax. Yes, I called it a hoax because that's exactly what it is. The virus does NOT exist in any form. This has been admitted to by the CDC when universities asked for samples so they could study the virus. The CDC told them "no such samples exist." Courts in Canada have also said the same thing as well as Ireland. Now Trump is on the road pushing an mRNA shot, not a vaccine, for a disease that doesn't exist. A shot that is harming and killing people by the millions. There's a reason why so many in healthcare quit. They were seeing the injuries and deaths caused by these shots and weren't about to take the risks in order to keep their job.

We can't forget how he let our cities burn last year. He sure did talk tough, but did absolutely nothing.

Trump is nothing but an actor given a role by extremely wealthy and powerful people. He did an exceptional job because he's still fooling millions of people in this country.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    From “Examination of Conscience for Adults and Teens” by The Fathers of Mercy:

“Did I vote in accordance with a properly informed conscience, in a way consistent with the teachings of the Church, in regard to the sanctity of marriage and of human life issues?”

When comparing the two past presidential candidates by that standard, I believe there should be no division among Christians.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So when it comes to your favorite political leader, just on what information and study does one have to actually make a good choice. News entertainment programs ? advertising ? or does one have personal history to know his favorite candidate that he would let him move in with you and your family, pretty wife and handle all your finances.?

While we are on the subject, is one issue voting the best way to cast? How many of us have spent our lives in Washington to know what it is Really like to work with the mess we call government.?

I hate to throw water on the simplistic idea that ANY voter knows his candidate is for sure the best one. Now to get back to the Jerry Springer show thank you. Now that’s real!!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've said this before it's because he's the one that was in a position to do something who told them what they wanted to hear and actually made an effort to address their concerns while he was in office that he promised he would do on issues of importance to them. All this despite his human character flaws.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    :wow:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. One Christian is literally calling another a non-believer because they don't approve of one specific politician.
    I honestly can't imagine how you could explain using the Bible. I can't think of any passage that demands we fall into lockstep to a politician - especially one like that.

Sir, you know nothing about my beliefs. And to openly demean a fellow believer like that is disgusting. Is this how far down we've sunk in the church?

95dbfc6b5a633156b5af40ab8b4a9fac.gif
    You’re trying so hard to be a contrarian that you’ve lost any grasp of reality.

I’m not getting into a religious debate. You have your beliefs and I have mine, but I will say if you think the party that pushes abortion, gay marriage, removing in god we trust, and bans prayer in schools is anything but evil than I would re-evaluate your churches teachings.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not all of them are willfully blind about which path bends towards righteousness. They recognize the dichotomy of politics and that pretending that no choice must be made is just another example of hand washing

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How have we let one single politician divide the church?
    WTF? Christians are just people. As such they have divided opinions on just about everything. They are even divided about themselves which is why we have Roman Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Methodists, etc., etc., etc.
    Christians have been divided on just about every politician ever.
    The only thing crazy is to think this division is something new.

If you want a reason for greater division among Christians and people in general it is because the dumocraps took a radical hard left turn. They moved away from center - actually jumped away. This separates the two main parties by a greater ideological distance - that is called division.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    We can't forget how he let our cities burn last year. He sure did talk tough, but did absolutely nothing.
    If you are trying to blame Trump for the riots and cities burning you sure have your responsibilities horked up.
    The respective governors, mayors and city councils are the ones that allowed this and even encouraged it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I disliked him before he got into office.

When he came out in full support of civil asset forfeiture I knew he was no different than Bush, Obama and all the rest. Sure he talks different, but his actions lead to the same results.

Then he pulled that **** with bumpstocks. I'll quote BJHay above since he said it so well, "I never trusted Trump on 2A matters after he, illegally in my opinion, caused the AFT to reinterpret standing guidance on bump stocks causing them to become illegal. That cooled support for him among many gun owners. To be clear it wasn't that bump stocks were a big deal but rather he introduced a tactic that courts have (so far) supported and is now in the arsenal of future presidents that may be even more anti-gun."

He signed a bill outlawing the construction of the border wall. Only where current wall or barricades exist can new wall be constructed. If the area had nothing then nothing can be built. I forget which one of those ridiculous spending bills it was, but this happened in 2017. If I find the American Thinker link I'll be sure to post it so people actually understand what Trump did as far as a wall on the southern border is concerned.

And of course there's his handling of the Covid hoax. Yes, I called it a hoax because that's exactly what it is. The virus does NOT exist in any form. This has been admitted to by the CDC when universities asked for samples so they could study the virus. The CDC told them "no such samples exist." Courts in Canada have also said the same thing as well as Ireland. Now Trump is on the road pushing an mRNA shot, not a vaccine, for a disease that doesn't exist. A shot that is harming and killing people by the millions. There's a reason why so many in healthcare quit. They were seeing the injuries and deaths caused by these shots and weren't about to take the risks in order to keep their job.

Trump is nothing but an actor given a role by extremely wealthy and powerful people. He did an exceptional job because he's still fooling millions of people in this country.

JH, is that you?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Wow we doing bible quotes?

Hell ya!
    Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

Just saying ?

Kinda Prosperity preaching I love $$$$$!

Top Bottom