• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I promised my boys I'd take them on a one-on-one trip somewhere when they turn thirteen. My oldest wanted to go hunting but I have nrvrr been and that never materialized.

Now I'm wondering what to do and the trip is planned for next weekend :runaway:

I'm thinking maybe Vegas and find somewhere that lets us shoot full auto guns and some adventure tour in the desert?

Do you guys have any ideas of a fun weekend trip to do manly things?

At least you didn't wait until the last minute?!?

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    What did you end up doing with your oldest in lieu of hunting?

What has this soon to be 13 yr old expressed desire to do?

If it's a passage towards manhood, he should have shared input.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Go to Michigan and take a charter fishing trip and catch some salmon. If you need a guide, let me know and my father in law maybe can hook you up in Grand Haven, Michigan. Me and my dad spent a lot of time in Michigan salmon fishing....memories for a lifetime and you can eat good for the next 3 months! Hit the sand dunes while you are there......and heck, maybe even some wind surfing or whatever they call it up at Muskegon....

Hog hunt in Ohio....although honestly, a hog hunt may be tough for a first hunt. I have fond memories of my early years of deer hunting, setting in a tree stand or ground blind and learning from my dad...I will never forget them days. It is never too late to learn to hunt. And you know the old saying....Buy a fish dinner and feed them for a night, teach them to fish and they can feed themselves a lifetime, same can be said for hunting.

I still remember the first salmon I ever caught and the first deer I ever killed.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Not a spur of the moment suggestion but I have a great planned out suggestion. If you guys like to fish then get with an outfitter in the BWCA and do a week there fishing/camping. Experience of a lifetime to share with your son. I just did one first week of June. We went with 4 other dads/sons. Awesome trip. Would do again
    Best trip I've ever taken. Took some of my son's Scout troop.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    13, yes. I have gotten away from shooting, don't really have anything setup. I know some places rent guns though
    I see......I misread your post. You know, we have deer youth day on Sept. 25-26. If you think your son would like to try it sometime I bet someone on this board or if not, one of my buddies....would take you guys hunting. Just let me know if he ever wants to try it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Vegas would be great. I have taken my 14 year old daughter there and she loves going.

Rent yourself a Batmobile or Lambo for the day.

Of rent a ATV/UTV and head out into the desert for the day. It is a blast.

In and Out Burger for lunch, then catch a show at night. Good time.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Squirrels are in season. Grab a couple of .22 rifles, some hunting orange, a cooler and a sack lunch. Head off to the HNF for an all day hunt. Download some videos on field dressing squirrels. Don't forget to stop and pick up your hunting license (about $25 for both of you).

bcod151

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    LA PORTE
    Charter a fishing trip! Always a good time and good eats! Shooting guns in Vegas is also hard to beat tho. Any decision you make im sure it will hold dear memories forever. Have fun whatever you choose to do

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Texas trip…

Guided hog hunt
    BBQ around Austin (Salt Lick)
    Guided fishing trip with JT Van Zandt out of Rockport, TX.

That’s a serious man trip!

Top Bottom