• DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've been advocating this approach FOR YEARS! :rockwoot:
    A buddy that waterfowl hunts white river down south asked DNR if this was legal to do as they hate the carp too. Even with steel or non toxic shot, they were told that is a definite no-go. At least in Indiana….

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Vegas machine gun shooting sounds fun. Anything belt fed makes for a good day, but is rapidly getting too expensive.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks for the input!

We're booked nonstop to Vegas, i splurged for the extra legroom on frontier. Have a suite booked at Luxor (gotta save money somewhere).

Planning to get there Friday night, sat morning full auto shoot, then pick up an exotic sports car and head to Hoover Dam. Sunday it's sniper rifle shooting and then home Monday.

What car should we rent? Thinking four hours

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just dont be like my dad and buy him dances from the largest, ugliest women at every club as his birthday "gift".
    Your dad took you to a strip club and bought you dances when you turned 13?? That's hardcore man. :rockwoot:

Edit: Nevermind... I see the 21 reference now. But it would have been hardcore! :):

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I promised my boys I'd take them on a one-on-one trip somewhere when they turn thirteen. My oldest wanted to go hunting but I have nrvrr been and that never materialized.

Amongst my younger days involving hunting was with a doc who:

Stitched my head.
    Set my arm.
    Some other stuff.

Only the last was not involved with a hunting trip....ruptured appendix and other bull****.

In all the years since, I have yet to see anyone field dress and butcher out a deer like him.

Take your sons hunting.

Xwalker1014

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Not a spur of the moment suggestion but I have a great planned out suggestion. If you guys like to fish then get with an outfitter in the BWCA and do a week there fishing/camping. Experience of a lifetime to share with your son. I just did one first week of June. We went with 4 other dads/sons. Awesome trip. Would do again
    Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking this. My mother likes to fish and I have fond memories of going with her. It’s simple but an effective way to bond both ways. Wish I’d have been able to do that with my father… But I definitely second this for at least a day’s outing. Get a tub of night crawlers, a couple cheap sturdy poles, and load up the tackle box! :)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Glad I wasn’t the only one thinking this. My mother likes to fish and I have fond memories of going with her. It’s simple but an effective way to bond both ways. Wish I’d have been able to do that with my father… But I definitely second this for at least a day’s outing. Get a tub of night crawlers, a couple cheap sturdy poles, and load up the tackle box! :)
    What I was suggesting is quite a bit more involved than just going out for a day with some worms and a tackle box. But yes, that too is good bonding time

Xwalker1014

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    What I was suggesting is quite a bit more involved than just going out for a day with some worms and a tackle box. But yes, that too is good bonding time
    Wasn’t necessarily limiting it to that, hence the “at least a day’s outing”. I was merely outlining a bare minimum and demonstrating that even that could be effective via my own personal experience. Cheers!

Top Bottom