• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good news, I talked to the lady and she's willing to carry a knife and pepper spray.

She's just concerned about the legality concerning concealed weapons in cars and concealed weapons while operating under a Public Passenger Chauffeur's License.

I dont think there is any problem but I want to make sure.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    you serious?

IC 35-47-8-1
    "Electronic stun weapon" defined
    Sec. 1. As used in this chapter, "electronic stun weapon" means any mechanism that is:
    (1) designed to emit an electronic, magnetic, or other type of charge that exceeds the equivalency of a five (5) milliamp sixty (60) hertz shock; and
    (2) used for the purpose of temporarily incapacitating a person.
    As added by P.L.318-1985, SEC.3.
    IC 35-47-8-2
    "Stun gun" defined
    Sec. 2. As used in this chapter, "stun gun" means any mechanism that is:
    (1) designed to emit an electronic, magnetic, or other type of charge that equals or does not exceed the equivalency of a five (5) milliamp sixty (60) hertz shock; and

IC 35-47-8-3
    "Taser" defined
    Sec. 3. As used in this chapter, "taser" means any mechanism that is:
    (1) designed to emit an electronic, magnetic, or other type of charge or shock through the use of a projectile; and

IC 35-47-8-4
    Applicability of handgun provisions
    Sec. 4. IC 35-47-2 applies to an electronic stun weapon or taser.
    I think this is what you are looking for.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Best best would be to learn to use a martial art from a trainer that isn't there to teach you the "Ancient Ways" but rather how to quickly and efficiently disable an assailant. Some I have only read of are supposedly designed for people caught at a disadvantage, but as I don't know enough about that I'll not recommend further.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good news, I talked to the lady and she's willing to carry a knife and pepper spray.

She's just concerned about the legality concerning concealed weapons in cars and concealed weapons while operating under a Public Passenger Chauffeur's License.

I dont think there is any problem but I want to make sure.

Well, it's a start. I guess.

Frankly, I would say screw the legality. What's that phrase? Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, or questioned by the SVU division of the local PD?

Don't most cabs have the "glass" between the front and rear passenger compartments now?

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, it's a start. I guess.

Frankly, I would say screw the legality. What's that phrase? Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, or questioned by the SVU division of the local PD?

Don't most cabs have the "glass" between the front and rear passenger compartments now?

I've ridden in several downtown, and I've never been in one that had any type of separation between the rear and front compartments.

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I recommend Fox Labs pepper foam. It is less likely to contaminate the user, being a foam instead of a spray of liquid droplets. Fox Labs is some of the most effective OC spray on the market. It's what I would use, if I could not carry a firearm and needed protection in an enclosed space, such as a cab.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've ridden in several downtown, and I've never been in one that had any type of separation between the rear and front compartments.

Same, never saw one.
    Without a separation the driver can easily spray the passanger on the back but it's also true the other way around.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anyone knows about the legality of concealed weapons (pepper spray and knives)while operating under a Public Passenger Chauffeur's License?

I think it's just as legal as having those weapons when you are driving your own car but im not sure.

Top Bottom