• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm about to buy an XDM 40 full size. I was pretty sure this was the route I wanted to go but I am having second thoughts after shooting my friends G22. The price on the XDM was 549 and the G22 was 529, the xdm comes with a few more acessories. So if you own one or have experience with either please comment. I was particularly interested in the lifespan of the XDM I have heard of people shooting thousands of rounds out of Glocks and they still run strong.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    for what its worth, I shoot an XD40sc. I've had nothing but good luck with it. I am a big fan of Springfield. I am not a fan of Glock. It just didn't feel right to me. That said, get what you want and like.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I personally own a Springfield 40 and absolutely love it. My brother in law owns only Glocks. I have shot them both but personally thought the Glock felt a little "toyish" but that is just my opinion. What you need to do is feel them both and shoot them both and whichever you shoot the best you should get. Since you seem to be all about the polymer guns you should check out the S&W M&P line of handguns as well. I have yet to shoot one but can tell you that they FEEL GREAT IN THE HAND. In the end just go with what feels right because with the three lines you can't go wrong.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    When people compare XD's to Glock they always talk about how the XD's are similar to the Glock. I've never heard "A Glock is almost as good as a XD", unless it's from a Glock hater, some guys love the underdog. Go with the gun that it's competitors are trying to match, when something is immitated that much it's usually for good reason. Also, the XD may come with a few more trinkets but Glocks have endless specialized aftermarket goodies to dress your piece out however you want.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have the xdm .40 full size and it was a better fit for my hand. It was a more natural feeling and felt quicker to aim.

Like others have mentioned handle both and see which feels better in YOUR hands.

I have shot about 1500 rounds and the gun still looks new.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I traded my Glock 22 for a XDm .40. I do not regret the trade. I like the ergonomics of the XDM over the glock. I also shoot my XDm Better than a Glock. In short, I will never go back to a Glock. XDm is my personal preference.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Handle them both, and see which feels right.

I know it is fairly easy to convert the Glock to shoot 9mm to soften the hit on the wallet at the range, but not sure about the XD..

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    File this one under "whatever feels good in your hand." Really, you're the one who will be shooting it ...why would you ask us?!? :D They both (along with several other choices) are great pistols ...and that's not a bad problem to have. :yesway:

Daniel686

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Both are well made guns. Have never been a huge of the glock! My guns are sexy and i like my curves on them. Glock looks like a block, but they do shoot very well. All in all they are very similar guns when it comes to performance.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    IMO......Glock 22 or if your not set on 40 Cal. get a Glock 17 even better. Again IMO the XD is an attempt to catch up to the leader (Glock). The XD is a good gun but the Glock is a great one. I hope your happy with whatever you pick.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Again IMO the XD is an attempt to catch up to the leader (Glock). .

By leader, it seems that Glock was the first to use a polycarbonate frame and as such established a market dominance and customer base which tends to be quite loyal in firearms.

Honda and Toyota didn't develop the first minivan either, but as time progressed they have taken over.

Clearly we should thank the Glock corporation for developing this new line of weapons, but from reading various forums, polls, and online reviews (couldn't find hard production data), it sure seems like the XD(m) is gaining quickly and has the current momentum from new owners. Again, just my limited opinion.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    IMO......Glock 22 or if your not set on 40 Cal. get a Glock 17 even better. Again IMO the XD is an attempt to catch up to the leader (Glock). The XD is a good gun but the Glock is a great one. I hope your happy with whatever you pick.

That is such BS, you arent biased at all lol. Neither is truly better than the other. Get whichever fits your hand the best, same with the M&P and many others.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    The XDm is a much better gun. The ergonomics, trigger pull and safety features make it a much more shootable, user friendly gun. The XDm isn't a glock copy as others have suggested. It's a very different design that doesn't have all the flaws of the glock design.

Top Bottom