• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    That is such BS, you arent biased at all lol. Neither is truly better than the other. Get whichever fits your hand the best, same with the M&P and many others.

Ouch, I am sorry you feel so strongly about MY opinion. :( I do agree that the XDM has come a long way from their 1st attempt to gain on the leader (Glock) with the XD. But I still believe that Glock did it right from the start. I also feel that my opinion is backed by 1000's of Police Agencies and Military units world wide. I am sure a few carry the XDM and are happy. But like you said get what works best for you the shooter because that is what is important.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've got an XDM-40, full size--never shot a Glock, so I can't give you a good comparison. But I can say I really like the XDM, and would highly recommend it.

I will concur with the other posters---try 'em both and pick the one that you can shoot better. Don't think you'll go wrong either way.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I have owned and shot both and just recently traded my last glock for an xd9sc. The Xd's feel better to me pretty much all the way around but being a 1911 guy at heart the triggers are what really sealed it for me.

By leader, it seems that Glock was the first to use a polycarbonate frame and as such established a market dominance and customer base which tends to be quite loyal in firearms.

And just for the record (again) with a little research you will find that HK (vp70) was the first to use a [STRIKE]plastic[/STRIKE]... I mean polycarbonate :stickpoke: frame for a pistol and beat glock by 11 or 12 years.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ouch, I am sorry you feel so strongly about MY opinion. :( I do agree that the XDM has come a long way from their 1st attempt to gain on the leader (Glock) with the XD. But I still believe that Glock did it right from the start. I also feel that my opinion is backed by 1000's of Police Agencies and Military units world wide. I am sure a few carry the XDM and are happy. But like you said get what works best for you the shooter because that is what is important.

I'm not anything. I have no dog in this fight. I don't own either. They are both equal in durability and accuracy when all is said and done. Both are used by law enforcement, both are carried everyday. Glock is certainly more popular, but it's not better or worse in practice.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm a big Glock fan and think that they are still one of the 2 pistols everything else is compared against (the other being the 1911-design). But I have recently started shooting a S&W M&P9 and MAN if they didn't get this design right. The XDm seems to be overly large (and this comes from somebody that shoots the big G21) and very top heavy. I like the lower bore of the Glock/M&P over the taller XDm but if you are a 1911 fan the XDm is probably more of the gun for you.

I shoot with a lot of guys that shoot a lot of rounds and there is a good mix of guns. I haven't seen anyone have any real issues with either of those Big 3 of Polymer so ti should be as everyone else says and just buy what you find the most comfortable.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    If you can shoot both before spending your money do so - I'm in Indy and would gladly let you shoot my Glock 22 (Gen 2).

If you can't shoot them both go for the one that best fits your hand.

For me that's been Glocks all along.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

The Military chose the 92FS, so does that make it the best semi auto pistol?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The XDm is a much better gun. The ergonomics, trigger pull and safety features make it a much more shootable, user friendly gun. The XDm isn't a glock copy as others have suggested. It's a very different design that doesn't have all the flaws of the glock design.

might want to run that line by downrange72....

Poor guy had an M&P kaboom, then used his XD for competition... until it broke.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...25-uspsa_wvpps_may_15_2011_a.html#post1872555

Meanwhile, my G34 is still running strong....

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I own a Glock 17 and will keep it even when I buy a XDM - buy them both

It really comes down to what feels best to you, can't go wrong with either.
    I know Pop guns on the eastside has a Glock 17 (9mm) and a XD .45 you can rent $11 flat to shoot everything they have just buy ammo and range time. That is what I did.

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I would suggest a Gen 4 Glock 22. You will have the backstraps just like the XDM. Glock throws in a third magazine instead of a holster and mag holder. I've shot an XDM and I have owned several Glocks. The XDM is a good gun I just prefer Glocks. To me they feel better when I hold and shoot them. I can also shoot better with my Glock.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I shopped around A LOT before I went with the XD9SC because it was the best fit for me. Now that I have owned one for over a year, I don't even look in the Glock case when I visit a gun shop. :twocents:

profilepic12888_1.gif

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    XDm will provide unsurpassed bullseye hits at 200 yards with your eyes closed and allows for rapid 1-shot kills of fully armored adversaries.

Glock will make you limp, eventually exploding and probably killing you.

So... whichever fits your hand better. :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And just for the record (again) with a little research you will find that HK (vp70) was the first to use a [STRIKE]plastic[/STRIKE]... I mean polycarbonate :stickpoke: frame for a pistol and beat glock by 11 or 12 years.[/QUOTE]

-----
    Ok, I misinterpreted this"

Glock did, however, have extensive experience in advanced synthetic polymers, knowledge of which was instrumental in the company's design of the first successful line of pistols with a polymer frame

A lot of sites claim glock was first. Just speaks again to glock's hype :)
    Not trying to steal the thread, i'll back out

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I have a XDM40 full size. I picked it up right after they came out. I've had zero issues with it and can recommend it as a great pistol for the price.

I have a G23 3rd gen and I'm just not a fan of Glock 40 S&W pistols. Not that I've had any issues with it, but I prefer the XD line.

Best thing to do is just shoot them both. Your friend has a G22 and you can rent a XDM if you haven't shot one. Shooting them on the same range trip should clear up your questions.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Get whichever feels better in your hands. Both are reliable and accurate handguns.

This. Also, look into the Smith and Wesson M&P 40. I have a 45 and I like it better than my XD45 or the Glock 22. I can tell you from personal experience that you will be served well by any of the three, but the XDM capacity really is a nice feature! I really don't like the higher bore axis of the XD line, and the Glock grip does nothing for me because of my short fingers and large palms. I love how low the bore axis is on the M&P, and I love the interchangeable backstraps. Springfield gave you two larger sizes of backstrap, and the smallest is actually the same as the standard XD grip (at least on the XDM45 and XD45 that I measured side by side with a vernier caliper, thats how it was). Smith & Wesson actually made a pistol that fits everybody's hand.

With any of the three, you are going to have more upgrades than you will know what to do with available.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom