• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I would have to say go with he one that feels better, not just in the hand but on the belt / IWB holster etc. the plastic holster and mag pouches Springfield gives you are in my opinion worthless. (just my opinion though). Both are fine forearms, be aware that if you reload the Glock will not shoot lead bullets without a barrel swap, not sure about the XD.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    might want to run that line by downrange72....

Poor guy had an M&P kaboom, then used his XD for competition... until it broke.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...25-uspsa_wvpps_may_15_2011_a.html#post1872555

Meanwhile, my G34 is still running strong....

How did you possibly misunderstand that as me saying you'll never see a XD break? I've seen glocks break. I've seen glocks with major malfunction issues. Does that change your perception or experience with them or reflect heavily on glock's ability to produce a durable, reliable gun. Your answer will obviously be no so I'll ask you what the heck the point of your post was. I could give you the whole line about how guns are machines and machines can break. Oh, and how sometimes manufacturers just slip up and let a bad one out but all that would just give you more opportunity to attempt to make glocks look like more than the poorly designed firearms they are.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    How did you possibly misunderstand that as me saying you'll never see a XD break? I've seen glocks break. I've seen glocks with major malfunction issues. Does that change your perception or experience with them or reflect heavily on glock's ability to produce a durable, reliable gun. Your answer will obviously be no so I'll ask you what the heck the point of your post was. I could give you the whole line about how guns are machines and machines can break. Oh, and how sometimes manufacturers just slip up and let a bad one out but all that would just give you more opportunity to attempt to make glocks look like more than the poorly designed firearms they are.

You're just too easy to rile up King, the point will always be messing with your hatred of Glocks and those who like/love/shoot them :p

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Both are fine forearms, be aware that if you reload the Glock will not shoot lead bullets without a barrel swap, not sure about the XD.

The Glock will shoot cast bullets fine as long as you watch for leading. The issue is many, including Glock, advise against it due to their polygonal rifling and rapid lead build up. The XD had traditional rifling so lead loads are not an issue, but the XD in 9mm, has it's own issues if we're talking about reloading. The 9mm's are "short chambered" and requires much deeper seating of bullets with certain style noses... I can't speak of whether their 40's are the same way.

Not only would I handle both, I would try to arrange shooting both before deciding... What might feel best in your hand, might not neccesarily be what you shoot the best... If it's a toss up and since you're looking for a .40, I would probably lean slightly toward the XD... Now if we were talking 9mm, I would lean toward the G19 or 17... :D Good luck and either way, you won't go wrong !

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Glock G27 and an XDM 9mm. Taking away the caliber differences knowing that you are looking at .40 cal, I'd say it's just personal preference.

I've had the Glock a lot longer and have put a lot of rounds down range with it, but I've enjoyed shooting the XDM too.

I personally don't like the 1911 style safety on the XDM grip, but I do love the way it breaks down.

I think the Glock is a bit of a better value, unless you plan to use all of the XD gear that comes with.

I feel like they both will give you the reliability and accuracy that you'd expect and you'll likely enjoy shooting either.

I guess I've drank the kool-aid at both camps and it tastes pretty good at both places to me...

:koolaid:

Top Bottom