• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I'm a welder...talent might be a matter of perception, but I do it for a living.

The handcuffs are easy....mail them to me with instructions and I'll do it for free, do you need it fast?

The cast iron is a real chore....sometimes cast can be welded but sometimes it cant. No takers on that one. Probably best to braze it but I am not set up for brazing.

God bless
    - Shred

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm a welder...talent might be a matter of perception, but I do it for a living.

The handcuffs are easy....mail them to me with instructions and I'll do it for free, do you need it fast?

The cast iron is a real chore....sometimes cast can be welded but sometimes it cant. No takers on that one. Probably best to braze it but I am not set up for brazing.

God bless
    - Shred

Heat up cast iron to 400 degrees, weld, then bury it in sand is what I researched for welding cast iron.

For some reason, I keep thinking that you can arc weld with a nickel rod, but I've never been good with arc welding.

mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    Cast iron, although difficult can be welded. There are filler metals made specifically for the welding of cast. Smaw or stick welding would most likely be the most cost efficient . But it can be done with some degree of success using a rod with a high nickel content like 347. It must be pre heated , and the idea of burying it in the sand after welding is to temper the material and keep it from becoming brittle and cracking. It most be brought down from temperature slowly.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Cast iron, although difficult can be welded. There are filler metals made specifically for the welding of cast. Smaw or stick welding would most likely be the most cost efficient . But it can be done with some degree of success using a rod with a high nickel content like 347. It must be pre heated , and the idea of burying it in the sand after welding is to temper the material and keep it from becoming brittle and cracking. It most be brought down from temperature slowly.

Whelp...there you go.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I need a milling machine moved from the Mount Comfort area to Whiteland.
    It's roughly 2500lbs.
    It's on a professionally built oak skid.
    Bolted / banded / and strapped.
    Forklift available at pickup location but not drop off.
    Need done by next week.
    Mileage according to Google is 33 miles one way.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I need help. Please. Looking for someone with a vehicle that has a winch. I'm picking up my wrecked truck at the insurance company yard tomorrow in Indy. I had help lined up to winch her onto the trailer, but they can't be reached now. Anybody out there that could please help tomorrow about 1 or 2pm? PM, Call, or text. (219) 869-8663.

Thank you.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Any masons out there that can brick in 6 roughly cinder-block sized crawlspace vents? There's already a ventilation fan installed, so closing the vents is a necessary step. I'd do it myself but I can't seem to find the time. I've got mortar and bricks here, as well as a set of trowels, all you need to bring is yourself.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm looking for a realtor in the mishawaka/elkhart area. My mom is moving up here from Indianapolis and needs someone to help her find a house she can retire in. $120k-ish.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Need my Culligan water softener looked at. The salt tank isn't taking in water for whatever reason.

I'd like to avoid the $150 phone call to Culligan just to have them come out. Anyone know of any other companies, or people, that do water softener work in Indy?

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Looking for someone, in the Fort Wayne area, to help me household stuff.

I'm having knee surgery next week(Fri) and I'll be unable to drive, or get around, for a few weeks after I get out of the hospital.
    I'm looking for someone to do errands(like shopping) and to help out for a few hours per week until I'm functioning again.
    PM me......Thanks

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I need help with cabinet cutting/appliance installation. We had an old drop-in range that was killed in a storm last year. The only replacements were slightly larger (due to the age of the other one) than the original range. Lowes ( :xmad: ) sent a guy to install the new one. He left my house without saying a word and then sent a fax to Lowe's saying he couldn't cut the counters. So, I need someone who can widen the space and install a new drop-in. The new one is about an inch or so too wide for the current space, and the counter top is tile.

Located in Hendricks County. The new drop-in range is already at my house.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I'm the operations manager for a security company in Indianapolis. I have 2 weekend unarmed positions open starting at $10/hour. First is the in 62nd an Allisonville Rd area Sat 0900-1800 & Sunday 1000 - 1800. 2nd position is downtown Methodist Hospital area. Sat & Sun 1400 - 2200. If you have a LTCH and you pick up a armed location due to a call off or whatever, your pay will be $12 an hours while working that location. I have one armed position on the east side Mon - Thur, total of 32 hours at $12/hour. Mon, Tue, & Thur is overnight, Wed 1400 - 2200. If you're interested send me a PM.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Have a clogged downspout drain pipe. Need to dig about 15 feet of it up, cut it off and lay a new piece and attach to another drain. Will also need to remove and replace a small section of landscape bricks to get at it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Job Opporutnity FedEx - Various

For those in North West Indiana or Chicagoland area:

The “NEW” FED-EX central distribution center which is located at Howard and Gross Point Roads (Niles,Illinois) is scheduled to open for service on Friday April 1, 2016. There will be numerous different size trucks coming in and out of the center daily 24 hours. The semi’s will be traveling mostly between there and O’Hare Airport, (some suburbs) while the package cars (small trucks) will be traveling different directions of Niles, Skokie, Chicago, and other northern suburbs.
    They are in the process of hiring numerous employees for the center. If anyone knows anyone looking for a job send them over there for an application.

Information provided by FED-EX.

DO NOT CONTACT ME! I don't work for FedEx. I am just passing the information along. Contact FedEx if you have any questions. Need the number? ... I don't have it. Google is your friend.

Good luck!

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you're available to work in the Fort Wayne area, my employer is looking to fill some positions on our help desk staff. If you've already got any datacenter or networking certifications it's a big plus but we're very willing to train the right people. It's a pretty fantastic environment with lots of room to move up, we're one of the largest IT providers in Northern Indiana. Great culture and we happen to have a ton of gun nuts as well. I'm not in a decision making role on hiring but if you're interested shoot me a PM and I can give you some more info.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Drywallers

I am currently removing the old wood paneling and tile ceiling in my living room and need someone to hang/finish the drywall. I know I can do it myself, that's not the point.

Looking for someone able to provide a quote for the install and finish and possibly the trim carpentry as well. House is located on the NE side of Indy in Lawrence.

PM on here works well enough.

Thanks!
    Josh

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    First off I would like to say I have filled one opening from posting on here and the client is VERY happy with him!

I have a new part time opening that needs filled with a armed security guard paying $12/hour in the Kentucky Ave & Mann Rd area of Indianapolis. Hours are Fri 2200 - Sat 0600 and Sat 2200 - Sun 0600 for a total of 16 hours.

I also have day and evening available in the 62nd & College area of Indianapolis at $12/hour. Sun 1000 - 1800, Mon 0900 - 2100 Tue, Wed, Thur, & Fri 1600-2100.

You can contact me on here or email me at chrisb@alimarsecurity.com

Top Bottom