• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I dont have a problem with any 1911. Ive only shot a dan wesson and a kimber. Id be ok with a RI but id prefer something higher end. Nothing against them, im sure they run good but something about their looks just doesnt tickle my fancy like the Ronin does. Im having a hell of a time finding a Ronin though so who knows, i might end up with an RI or a different model springfield, or something from the classifieds if a Kimber or higher end 1911 pops up at a good price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dont have a problem with any 1911. Ive only shot a dan wesson and a kimber. Id be ok with a RI but id prefer something higher end. Nothing against them, im sure they run good but something about their looks just doesnt tickle my fancy like the Ronin does. Im having a hell of a time finding a Ronin though so who knows, i might end up with an RI or a different model springfield, or something from the classifieds if a Kimber or higher end 1911 pops up at a good price.

Unless it is an older Kimber I would opt for a new RI personally.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    If you anywhere near Indiana Gun Club I'd go there. Just searched their inventory for "pistol, 45acp and 5" barrel" and no less that 40 popped up. Their inventory isn't always accurate but for your browsing it should be close enough to make the visit worth it.

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    I have the full size and Commander size Ronin Operators. They are awesome 1911's. I like them better than my Springfield Loaded model. You will not be disappointed with the Ronin Operator.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK - Who is this, and what have you done with CM?

I will admit the new RI's have stepped up their game. It was just an example of how I feel (personally) about Kimber.
    If you own a Kimber and you like it then run that bad boy. No knock on anyone that does own one.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I will admit the new RI's have stepped up their game. It was just an example of how I feel (personally) about Kimber.
    If you own a Kimber and you like it then run that bad boy. No knock on anyone that does own one.

No I can vouch for your experience here. If you know what you're doing with tuning a 1911 to run, a kimber isn't bad as you're getting pretty nice materials.

But the out of box experience leaves a LOT to be desired. I've had 2 and it was the case with both of them. Both required significant changes to run, one requiring a few parts changes before it started running right.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've been through more 1911s than I care to count over the years and ended up with a RI (22TCM) and a Nighthawk. Both ends of the spectrum but quality pistols. Like CM said Series 1 Kimbers are great pistols but I'm not too hot on the series 80 model Kimbers with the firing pin block. For that kind of money you should be able to find a very serviceable 1911. I've never owned a Springer but from what I've seen they are a notch above the RIA pistols in the metallurgy dept.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've been through more 1911s than I care to count over the years and ended up with a RI (22TCM) and a Nighthawk. Both ends of the spectrum but quality pistols. Like CM said Series 1 Kimbers are great pistols but I'm not too hot on the series 80 model Kimbers with the firing pin block. For that kind of money you should be able to find a very serviceable 1911. I've never owned a Springer but from what I've seen they are a notch above the RIA pistols in the metallurgy dept.

Yep. I will :stickpoke: the Mouse. But, I will not tangle with him on the technical details of any 1911.

Also, I am really curious about the 22TCM.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

I don't care for any 80 series pistols. I changed out all my internals on the Kimpro I own. Junk!!

Top Bottom