Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    Colt
    Springfield
    Ruger
    All good guns and will do what you are looking for.
    If you are going to carry a 1911 takes more than a few trips to the range to make you proficient.
    training is the key to the platform
    just my thoughts
    100X

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Yep. I will :stickpoke: the Mouse. But, I will not tangle with him on the technical details of any 1911.

Also, I am really curious about the 22TCM.

22 TCM is affordable and mine has been reliable as well as accurate. The trigger wasn't terrible but I replaced my ignition parts with cylinder and slide parts because I wasn't satisfied with the trigger. Muzzle energy rivaling a 45 ACP with very mild recoil. IMHO a great idea that just hasn't caught on.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    22 TCM is affordable and mine has been reliable as well as accurate. The trigger wasn't terrible but I replaced my ignition parts with cylinder and slide parts because I wasn't satisfied with the trigger. Muzzle energy rivaling a 45 ACP with very mild recoil. IMHO a great idea that just hasn't caught on.

I have always stuck with the mainstream, established calibers - (9mm, 30-30, 45acp, 5.56). But I will admit that I've been hearing the siren's song with the TCM.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

We have owned 2 of these and both had more issues that I cared to chase down and repair.
    I did like the muzzle flare...:):

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have always stuck with the mainstream, established calibers - (9mm, 30-30, 45acp, 5.56). But I will admit that I've been hearing the siren's song with the TCM.
    Mine is single stack and works very well.. You can't pay attention to CM, by his own admission even Glocks don't like him. :stickpoke:
    I get to Point Blank in Greenwood usually a couple of times a week, be happy to let you put a few rounds down range. Disclaimer, if you shoot it a few times you WILL want one.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock/M&P armorer

[FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Mine is single stack and works very well.. You can't pay attention to CM, by his own admission even Glocks don't like him. :stickpoke:
    I get to Point Blank in Greenwood usually a couple of times a week, be happy to let you put a few rounds down range. Disclaimer, if you shoot it a few times you WILL want one.

Never been down to that Point Blank. Might have to take you up on that at some point. I'm not getting to the range much lately. Ammo shortage and all...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&] /[/FONT][FONT=&] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock/M&P armorer

[FONT=&]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

:p....I have witnesses.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Sorry fellas. I dont think a Ronin is going to happen. I cant find one to save my life but i think ive found something else. I’ll keep you all posted.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    You tried online too and nothing?
    Armslist and gunbroker are outta their minds on the prices plus the couple on there are forever away and not exactly what i want, and the couple i did find in stock in stores were 9mm and 1 10mm. I dont think i found any in .45acp at all.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Armslist and gunbroker are outta their minds on the prices plus the couple on there are forever away and not exactly what i want, and the couple i did find in stock in stores were 9mm and 1 10mm.

Yeah, being a relatively new pistol and the current market makes it tough.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    My buddy that "collects" 1911s said he has a duotone Tarus 1911 that thats been sitting in his safe for years. Told me $400 and help him drag a deep freeze out of his grandmas basement and its mine. I told him sure, since its a commander size, .45, and cheap. Itll probably get sold/traded off if/when I find a Ronin but for now itll do.

Also last night I found a nicely worn in gen 3 G***k 19 at the local gun shop for $400 so I bought that as the wifeys Christmas present. Shes had her eyes on mine for some time so I snatched it up since I got the Tarus cheap.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My buddy that "collects" 1911s said he has a duotone Tarus 1911 that thats been sitting in his safe for years. Told me $400 and help him drag a deep freeze out of his grandmas basement and its mine. I told him sure, since its a commander size, .45, and cheap. Itll probably get sold/traded off if/when I find a Ronin but for now itll do.

Also last night I found a nicely worn in gen 3 G***k 19 at the local gun shop for $400 so I bought that as the wifeys Christmas present. Shes had her eyes on mine for some time so I snatched it up since I got the Tarus cheap.

That's great! Glad you found something that will work, at least for now.

Top Bottom