• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    Bought mine at MC Sports $249.00 I like it fun to shoot I had to send it back to Henry as soon as I got it though because it would not load the shell? They took care of it with no problems and paid for shipping.

pappy56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Hancock County
    I got my Large loop carbine late last year for $249 if I remember correctly.
    My son and I love it. No problems after approx 1500 rounds.

KWL
    pappy56

Last edited:

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I had one and the sight was badly canted to the right. I couldn't stand it, so I traded it. Other than the crooked sight, it was fine.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    wife really likes her's

I bought my wife a Henry rifle in .22 after she shot my brother's. She really likes it and I was impressed with how smoooth the action was. I really like the action on it. Accuracy is good too.

Terry

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I had one but the sites were awful. Very smooth action but I didn't have time or money to put into a new set of iron sites. Also I think its kinda just wrong to put a scope on a classic looking lever gun, LOL. Nothing against the guys that do but it just aint my style. Me and my buddy both got one (for competition purposes, LOL) and we both had the same problem, it would shoot all over the place, just not were you wanted it to. Pity though because it is a really nice gun for the money (paid $150 for mine, my buddy got his for $140).

Maybe we just both got bent sites but they looked good and nothing was out of place, so who knows. We both got rid of them for the accuracy issue.

Last edited:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I've owned both Marlin and Henry rifles so I do have some experience with 'em. I'd suggest a Marlin 39A. Better built gun and way smoother action. Easier to disassemble too. No aluminum in the older ones , not sure about the new ones. Should be able to get one for around $300.
    My .02!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've owned both Marlin and Henry rifles so I do have some experience with 'em. I'd suggest a Marlin 39A. Better built gun and way smoother action. Easier to disassemble too. No aluminum in the older ones , not sure about the new ones. Should be able to get one for around $300.
    My .02!

The Marlin is a nice rifle, but a realistic price is more like $500.00 and up!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My .02!

I paid $350 for my 1956 Marlin 39A Golden Mountie and had someone offer me $400, so I would say that is probably an area of cost. I see them advertised between $400 and $500 for buy it now on GB. I do think the Marlin's are built better so you are getting your money's worth. They will last your lifetime too.

longrange

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    south bend
    I bought one from walmart a few years ago and i love it. sold a while back and want to get another in .30 cal though. you can get this gun at the plymouth walmart for around 250.

george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    last fall i was checking the prices of henrys and of all places the walmart in kokomo was cheaper by far. had to order not in stock though

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    My Grandson (a big 14 y/o) has decided he wants a Henry lever 22. Squirrel hunting and plinking. Around 250 local. Told him if he works through detassleing we'd help him get one. Any more thoughts on the Henry? Thanks

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I purchased a Henry Lever .22 at Walmart 6 years ago for 212 + tax. It was the first firearm that I actually purchased once I turned 18. It was very accurate right out of the box. I've shot just about every load, aside from birdshot, out of it without a problem. Still my go to gun for the eradication of enemy combatant rodents of the ground and tree variety.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Bought the 250 dollar Henry today at Pearson's in Marshall, In. Had one with the big lever handle for 259. He had one of those Rem assault rifles (R15)that caught my eye for a 1015. 1199 in August Outdoor Life.

Top Bottom