• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Actually that isn't quite accurate, the policy is to generally not arrest for non-violent misd, repeated violations can be charged, it is also up to the officer whether or not to charge. I may not agree with the reasons for it down there, but I can't necessarily find fault with the idea itself. How many on here have complained about "zero tolerance" in schools. IIRC there was a student in IN that was arrested and prosecuted for accidentally leaving a shotgun he had used for hunting in the trunk of his car when he went to school. That is a felony in IN, but I seem to remember outrage over it on this site. A boy scout accidentally leaves a knife in his backpack after a camp out? Should he be prosecuted?

Here is a recent story from IN, 18 yr old with an LTCH accidentally brings his Glock 43 into school. Realizes it and informs the SRO and asks if he can be given a break. Arrested. Do you think that was the proper outcome? Do you think he should be expelled and prosecuted, or perhaps some lesser punishment may be effective?
    Student gets felony charge after mistakenly bringing loaded gun to Griffith school: police - Post-Tribune

Might be different if that was done 39 times, or done in conjunction with a bunch of other things.
    As far as I can tell that was a singular event.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Might be different if that was done 39 times, or done in conjunction with a bunch of other things.
    As far as I can tell that was a singular event.

Yep, it was a singular event as best I know. The event in Griffith if they had a policy like Broward did could result in no charges filed for an honest accident, under a zero tolerance program not so much. But those 39 or however many calls had nothing to do with the school policy, which is what people are complaining about here. Other than perhaps the fight and/or ammo brought to school I'm not aware of anything Cruz did in school that could have resulted in charges.

Didn't warn them, just called them troubled or to gaslight the earlier incident

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ounters-With-Palm-Beach-Police-474912133.html
    Cruz Told Police He Lost His Mom, 'Dealing With Things' in 911 Call

Perhaps to gaslight, or perhaps to explain his side? Who knows.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Even more failures in the system that could have prevented Cruz from ever obtaining guns.

Both counselors and law enforcement officers wanted to see this kid forcibly committed. It never happened.

ETA: The Broward County Deputy who recommnded Cruz be commited under Florida's Baker Act?

Scott Peterson, the school resource offer that took cover outside during the shooting and never entered the building.

I can't read minds, but one could presume Nicholas Cruz was the first name that popped into Peterson's head when the gun fire started.

Counselors, deputy wanted Nikolas Cruz institutionalized long

This kid didn't slip through the cracks, he was shoved into the Grand Canyon.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even more failures in the system that could have prevented Cruz from ever obtaining guns.

Both counselors and law enforcement officers wanted to see this kid forcibly committed. It never happened.

ETA: The Broward County Deputy who recommnded Cruz be commited under Florida's Baker Act?

Scott Peterson, the school resource offer that took cover outside during the shooting and never entered the building.

I can't read minds, but one could presume Nicholas Cruz was the first name that popped into Peterson's head when the gun fire started.

And again....more evidence that the system is flawed at an insane level of incompetency. But lets start the narrative to ban the AR-15 as that is far easier to push on the mindless.

Red Dot Shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Central Michigan
    https://constitution.com/school-shooting-plot-exposed-wont-believe-set/

The short version is that the local Florida School System and the local LEOs devised a scheme to let juvenile offenders get away with misdemeanors and even felonies.

This was to artificially lower the criminal stats coming from school aged children. This then resulted in more state and federal funds.

If this had had not been allowed in Broward County, Cruz would most likely have already had a psyc eval or already locked up. Both would have prevented this shooting.

honestly i think the guardian had something to do with the mess. less then 24 hours after his arrest she is in the court filing to be the sole inheriter the fair amount of money his parents had left him. . .

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis

Negligence and incompetence at every level of government and law enforcement... And the solution by Florida RINOs was to call for and pass more infringing and and unconstitutional gun legislation. Disgraceful. Disgusting.

I'm disappointed that Trump did not keep the focus on the LEO's actions, or lack thereof. And more importantly, the school administrations policies that ignored Cruz's warning signs.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    2w6v.jpg

https://apnews.com/9f92fe777771465b...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fake new route 45. Fake news. We need to ban everything cause everything can kills us. Like that bridge in fl. Ban all bridges.

Let's see...ban everything that can kill us...banning politicians would be a good start since they are behind the failure of the system to work and then blame inanimate objects in lawful hands for the acts of people who should be in state hospitals that no longer exist because of politicians, and politicians are also responsible for faulty bridges that kill people. Need I go on?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've heard of a couple of folk killed by rocks being dropped from over passes lately.

Confiscate all rocks!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've heard of a couple of folk killed by rocks being dropped from over passes lately.

Confiscate all rocks!

Not the pet rocks. Just the assault rocks (AR). I'm sure it has some kind of shoulder thingy that goes up, which could help in writing a law which can identify them as ARs.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    AR does not stand for assault rock, it stands for Ashael Rock. Ashael was Joab's younger brother who supplied sling stones to Saul's army.
    He provided the 5 smooth stoned that David had in his shepherds bag. One of which he used to slay Goliath.

All stones were originally military weapons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    AR does not stand for assault rock, it stands for Ashael Rock. Ashael was Joab's younger brother who supplied sling stones to Saul's army.
    He provided the 5 smooth stoned that David had in his shepherds bag. One of which he used to slay Goliath.

All stones were originally military weapons.

C'mon. We need some kinda technical language to classify this. "Shoulder thingy that goes up" is universal language for assault rocks. We'll just go with that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I was going to post a pic of what happened when an assault brick impacted my windshield.
    But apparently that was on photobucket. I thought it was on Facebook and could link it.

Don't even need a bridge. Though maybe you do, it didn't make it through, though it came close.

Top Bottom