• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is for sure. Always has been. Guess there are too many ways to make easy illegal money dealing in scrap…
    Never met a scraper I would trust and I know several just from having a lot of value scrap (copper etc) over the years and knowing a family that has a large recycling yard. Those asshats will steal anything they can abscond with. Many of the yards will take it under the table at a reduced pay out to the worthless :poop: stains that would sell it to them and they push it out on the market at full money. Win win.
    It was just as bad when copper was insanity high. People had to chain down the outdoor AC units.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I once knew a man who had this happen to him, by the nicest thief ever. The perp was so considerate, that he even welded a straight piece of matching pipe in place where the converter had been. ...never could figure that one out...
    :cool:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Uh Oh... Now the libs will scream and demand tighter restrictions, or outright bans, on cordless tools... particularly Assault Saws and Fully Automatic Cutoff Tools.

First: "Those Cat. Converters were essential for saving the planet, and saving lives! These crimes will cause immeasurable suffering and death."

Followed by: "the poor illegal immigrant caught under the pickup truck is really just a victim, trying to escape the unjust conditions he and his family are forced to endure!"

Leading to the inevitable: "Thieves don't cause theft, TOOLS DO!" using the logic that without the tool, the theft wouldn't have happened. It's the tools fault, and that of those stores, run by oppressors, that make them so available, cheap, and enticing.

Closing with: "We have no problem with cordless drills, but anything with a blade has no legitimate place in our society. We must act now to place strict regulations on who can possess these potentialy dangerous tools, and we call for an outright ban of the most egregious Assault Tools!!!"

WARNING: It is known to the State of Commieforia that Battery Powered Assault Tools cause crime. They also cause irrevocable harm to the environment, and to society.

It will take some time to put the legislation together. It is not fair to severly punish the person, when the tool is obviously responsible. Therefore, while we wait for the needed changes in legislation:

1. Anyone caught possessing less than five (5) Undocumented Catalytic Converters (UCC); or selling/buying any one (1) for under one thousand dollars ($1,000) will have the items confiscated, but will not be charged with a crime.

2. Anyone found possessing greater than five (5) of said items will be charged with Vandalism, and be automatically eligible for Bail, not to exceed fifty dollars ($50).

3. Anyone caught possessing Undocumented Catalytic Converters, who believes they may be in danger from angry members of the community, shall be provided a paid one-way ticket to the Safe City of their choice. Travel arrangements to return for hearings will be the responsibility of the accused party.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    When my husband took the cat off of my suburban, he threw it in the bed of my pickup. I drove around with it back there for months and nobody stole it. It was kind of bulky since it still had the exhaust pipes attached to it. I finally took it out thinking if I got pulled over, the cops might think it was stolen. One of these days, I will need to find a place to take it.

We had a delivery driver (not UPS) come in at work one day apologizing for being late. He said someone had broken into the yard at work and removed the cats from every one of their trucks, loaded them into one of their trucks and drove out with them. They found the truck they used to drive them out a few miles down the road where they left it. Had to be an inside job that knew how to get in and that their trucks were all parked with the keys in them.

Top Bottom