• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Just FYI the cat thieves are out in force again. They stole the cat off my Jeep while it was in the dealers service yard and apparently hit Ed Martin Honda for 42 brand new catalytic converters.

Attachments

• 20211229_152120.jpg
      20211229_152120.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 58

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I talked to our sheriff at a FNRA Christmas raffle event last week. He said it has gotten really bad here, exacerbated by the fact that while Indiana requires a registration or title to sell one, Kentucky does not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I talked to our sheriff at a FNRA Christmas raffle event last week. He said it has gotten really bad here, exacerbated by the fact that while Indiana requires a registration or title to sell one, Kentucky does not.
    So just like Indiana supplies guns to Chicago's criminals, Indiana is providing KY with catalytic converters?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    In the 1970’s CB radios under a car or truck dash we’re very common. So were smash and grab cb break ins.

DELCO remy anderson Indiana parking lot late 1970’s. Dad co worker an avid CB’er attached fishing hooks to his third cb in his truck on the top back edge of the CB. Three Wednesday later a thief was waiting for him after work with his hands both stuck to the cb still semi attached to the under dash of his truck.

Just saying history is something we should study.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Few months ago my hot rod UPS guy, goes by J-rod asks "Guess what happened yesterday?" I responded, "You didn't drive like a maniac?". Nope, they cut the cat off the truck.

This is in a small town of 9,000 parked along a high ADT state route. 30 seconds and a saws-all is quick work on a truck you can crawl right under. Local police asked my mechanic about cats, and he told them the newer vehicles are worth more

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the 1970’s CB radios under a car or truck dash we’re very common. So were smash and grab cb break ins.

DELCO remy anderson Indiana parking lot late 1970’s. Dad co worker an avid CB’er attached fishing hooks to his third cb in his truck on the top back edge of the CB. Three Wednesday later a thief was waiting for him after work with his hands both stuck to the cb still semi attached to the under dash of his truck.

I hope he beat the living :poop: out of him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh there ar
    There are scrap dealers that still buy them. The smaller of the main drag guys.
    Anything associated with scrap has a dark side.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

My father told a similar story from the Avon Big 4 rail yard in the late 70s. in his story the thief was gone, but there was teeth, flesh, and lots of blood across the interior. He said that was the last theft attempt in the yards Of a CB.

Top Bottom