• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It also amazes me that she is calling for this, when it has been reported that he didn't even use an 'assault weapon'. I've heard both that it was in his car and that he did have it. I've heard more conflicting stories and spins than with the Zimmerman case. So, how is she making this judgement from the other side of the country? She wants to ban: "military style" rifles, "clips" over a capacity of 10, and make the possession of these weapons illegal. No grandfather clause. Is there a throwing things at a wall emoticon?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I keep hear them talking about reinstating it, so I assume it will be patterned after the original. So what is actually banned? If I have lowers stored up are all of the other parts still available? Is is just the mags? As I recall there was a restriction on pistol grips and bayonet lugs. I don't really remember all the ins and outs.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Completely different political landscape.
    Ha... Yeah.. If anything we as gun owners were in a more powerful position then. There are more of us active now, but a lot of "us" are casual. Hell, how many people on this board alone have you seen screaming for more control?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Basically, ban all magazine fed rifles is the plan then. How difficult is it two swap out three ten round mags? Not at all, it only limits the TOTAL amount of ammo one can carry, so maybe they could only hold 9 tenners, instead of 9 thirty round mags.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I keep hear them talking about reinstating it, so I assume it will be patterned after the original. So what is actually banned? If I have lowers stored up are all of the other parts still available? Is is just the mags? As I recall there was a restriction on pistol grips and bayonet lugs. I don't really remember all the ins and outs.
    flash hiders, barrel length, pistol grip, bayonet lug, ejection port cover, forward assist, etc.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just like it didn't pass in '94?

Completely different political landscape.

You expect this to pass the House?

I would go along with the expectation that this is going to be a non-starter if we had a real speaker, but unless Boehner suddenly grows a pair, we are in trouble. At minimum, he would trade our guns off for a concession on the budget deal. Barring that, I could see him get all teary eyed and support it even if he didn't get anything in exchange.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Actually polls suggested that they would...

Also prediction markets...

And myself....
    How about what the gun owning community thought? That is what we're talking about after all... Go back and read the threads on this forum. The general consensus among INGO members was that he would not be re-elected.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    How about what the gun owning community thought? That is what we're talking about after all... Go back and read the threads on this forum. The general consensus among INGO members was that he would not be re-elected.

I am talking about the realistic possibility of events happening and the factors that predict said events.

If you want to go by INGO community beliefs, then believing this will pass may better align with the belief that Romney will defeat Obama by a landslide.

Then again, I could be wrong... but if this passes the House it would be a first incorrect political prediction in quite some time....

I will say this - Feinstein is about to sell ALOT of guns....

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    "Who needs these military-style assault weapons? Who needs an ammunition feeding device capable of holding 100 rounds?" Feinstein wrote on her campaign website. "These weapons are not for hunting deer -- they’re for hunting people."

I wasn't aware the 2A had anything to do with hunting deer.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    "Who needs these military-style assault weapons? Who needs an ammunition feeding device capable of holding 100 rounds?" Feinstein wrote on her campaign website. "These weapons are not for hunting deer -- they’re for hunting people."

I wasn't aware the 2A had anything to do with hunting deer.
    Word.

Top Bottom