• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am posting this here, based on pure speculation. In a WTHR report about human remains found in Greenwood, there is this:
    Police got a call around 2:45 p.m. Wednesday when a man discovered the remains while searching for his son, who has been missing for about five weeks.

As a father, I can understand the desire and dedication to look and look and look if one of my children was missing. I cannot imagine the heartbreak of going through that, though.

There was an early 80s movie, I think with George C. Scott, where he tried to find his daughter who had gotten involved in drugs and adult entertainment. I don't think the movie was that great, but my sense is that there are very real aspects to it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I hate to even bring this post back from the dead, but we could sure use some prayers this weekend. I cannot believe it has been almost 2 years I have been dealing with this stuff. Life is flying by, family broken in parts, cars stolen, phones stolen, Holidays ruined, Birthdays skipped. I am sitting here reflecting on everything that has happened since I made this original post. My emotions have been to every end of the spectrum. I have seen people die, I have kicked ass, I have been happy and optimistic to a sad skeptic. One week will be great then the wheels fly off. When my daughters boyfriend died of OD, I honestly figured that would open her eyes...and it did as for several months she was clean. To my knowledge she still has not done heroine again....but she did replace it with Meth.

She has never missed a days work, in last 2 years...but we could not continue to kick the can down the road. We have had her in rehabs locally and they were all a joke, more drugs in the rehabs then on the streets. She is very lucky she has never been arrested or killed. She decided she has to quite and came to us to ask for help. As a parent I can tell you that is the hardest conversation I have ever had in my life. Once she decided she wanted help, we told her we supported her decision. She got accepted in a facility in Palm Beach Florida. She left yesterday and I am hoping and praying it helps. Someone here gave me advice when I made this post originally to send her far away for rehab...we didn't do it then, but now have. I hate that she is going to be gone for Holidays and her mother is a basket case, well...I guess we both are.

I don't mean to bother you all, but maybe if you get a second you can say a little prayer for her and that we all get thru this. I know it is going to be hard to have Christmas without her here, and I know it will be hard on her not being here. I already miss the knucklehead. I get so mad I could kill her, but I love her unconditionally, and always will. Thanks guys for being an ear I can whisper to.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Prayers to you and yours.

This time of year, we can certainly keep the idea of new beginnings close to our hearts. :)

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I lift my earnest voice to God at this moment. I pray God will wrap His healing hands around your daughter's heart and soul. I pray today that she will start to feel God's love. There is no other pathway but through Him. May He give her the strength to never put that poison into her body again. I pray all of these things in His Name. Amen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Prayers for your daughter and family Randy. We lost DoggyMama's daughter a year and a half ago to drugs. I pray that your daughter will get the healing she needs and go on to live a long and happy life.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Sounds like she is finally taking the step herself which is very important. If she wants it bad enough she can do it! Don't be surprised and prepare yourself for a relapse as well. Help her back onto the wagon when/if it happens. My brother inlaw is approximately 2 years clean of heroin! He had around 7 close friends die from an overdose in a years time. He finally decided to quit when he was taken to the ER for a near OD. They sent him to inpatient rehab for a couple of months. Since then he has been going to counseling and taking a prescription drug to stay off the hard stuff. He did slip up a couple times early on and tested positive for cocaine but since then he's been clean as a whistle. He's gone back to college and making awesome grades and got accepted into a chemical engineering program. He also had to cut off most contact with his old group of friends, if not for that it would be too easy for him to slip back into drugs.

She has a long tough road ahead of her. Missing this holiday means that she has a chance to spend many many more with you! Thoughts and prayers for you family!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Randy, you know I understand.
    If she really wants this it will happen. All you can do is what you are doing. It is up to her.

Prayers to you and yours.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thanks guys for your kind and encouraging words. My sincerest condolences to DoggyMomma, no parent should have to go thru the torment and pain, it can destroy our minds if we let it. CM and ws, it's you guys who give me hope. I won't give up until the fat lady sings. Against all odds, there is still a chance. Hope and faith is all we have sometimes. I have never been a Methadone fan, although I know many people who it works for and saved their lives. They were all people who got addicted to prescribed pain killers.

This stuff gets complicated. I just hope and pray she stays in program and the Doctors there are able to help her. I know there is no magic pill, and honestly my expectations are not high, I just hope this works out for her. I am the type of guy who does not consider addiction a sickness, I have seen too many people quit cold turkey, so therefore I consider it a choice. That thinking gets me in trouble...because I then blame the addict. In reality, there probably is a lot going on in the brain with things that are way over my head (chemical imbalances, neuron misfires and such).

Thanks again guys.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Best of luck to you and your daughter, sir. Addiction has touched nearly all families that I know of, and many have overcome it, as I hope and pray your daughter does.

God Bless and have Mercy on you all.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Will be praying for you. I lost my cousin a couple years ago on Labor Day to heroin. He went to rehab and was clean for a few months, relapsed and the first time he shot up it took his life. It’s hard watching someone you love go through it, the only advice I can give is don’t give up and be there for them. It’s difficult, but what they’re going through is a lot more difficult. If I could redo it I would have handcuffed him to something and never let him leave. They will continue to relapse and turn to the drug as long as they have the access to it. Getting them away from the people is the main thing

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You’ll be so happy to have missed this Christmas with her if rehab works. You’ll have the rest of your life with her Afterwards.
    you said she asked for help. That’s the best news so far. Just like alcoholics, most addicts have to hit what they call “rock bottom” before they wake up and ask for help.
    Randy, my best friend is going through the grief of losing his only child to heroin just a few months ago. He and his wife did everything they could from tough love to putting him in several rehab clinics over about 3-4 years. Even moved 30 miles away to get him away from his “friends”.
    The kid (22yo) really was a good kid (I know, I know). I had him work with me as a helper on a couple jobs. I wish I could have kept him on full time. I can’t help but think I might have been able to help him stay off the stuff. Bugs the hell out of me!
    Yes, addiction is a disease, but also a will power issue. He could go 6 months without touching the stuff, then be on it again for 6 months.
    they say heroin actually changes a part of the brain and makes it almost impossible to stop.
    I’m praying for you and your family Randy. I hope you don’t have to ever attend your own child’s funeral.
    once she’s out of rehab, keep her close. You might have to treat her like a child, knowing where she is, who she’s with, etc.. Hopefully she’ll understand and be receptive to it, because it’s way too easy to slip up and get right back into old habits.
    I hope the best for you all!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I lift my earnest voice to God at this moment. I pray God will wrap His healing hands around your daughter's heart and soul. I pray today that she will start to feel God's love. There is no other pathway but through Him. May He give her the strength to never put that poison into her body again. I pray all of these things in His Name. Amen.

Amen.

Top Bottom