• ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I

FINALLY

GOT

IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

:alright::alright::alright::alright::alright:

:delivery::delivery::delivery::delivery::delivery:

After several longs months, playing phone tag, writing my explanation letter and getting it notarized, paying all the fees, and countless calls to make sure everything was in order, it was printed out last Monday nite, mailed to me on Tuesday, and arrived in our mailbox today!

I AM NOW LEGAL!!!
    I FEEL EMPOWERED!!!!!
    I AM NO LONGER A SITTING DUCK!!!!
    BAD GUYS BEWARE!!!!!
    I'VE GOT MY LIFETIME LICENSE TO CARRY A HANDGUN!!!!!

YIPPIE!!! YEA!!!! WAAAAAHHOOO!!!
    I'M A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!

I got my holster, which at the moment is a fanny pack, cuz with the laser pointer on it, I'm going to need a special holster. I need to get a couple of pairs of jeans so I can wear a belt that I can attach a holster to and carry it that way as well. But for the first time ever, I can legally go outside and NOT feel like a sitting duck with a bullseye target on my back, either because I'm gimpy, or riding in a handicapped cart in the store and out to the car. I don't have to rely solely on Bill to protect me, (altho granted, at the moment he's a far better shot than I am. But lessons will help solve that issue.) We got it, laminated it, And I've got it in my wallet, behind my Drivers License. and the 2nd copy of it from the state,locked safely away in our gun safe, courtesy of Jeff Jackson (of Jackson Safes). Those safes are FANTASTIC! And he does a phenomenal job making them, they're well worth the money to get one. (IMO)

We came home from getting all that done, I got Betsy out of her case, put her in the velcro pull open pouch, and an extra magazine, and some of the other vital stuff that I carry in my purse into the zipper pouches of the pack, and out to dinner we went. It was the first time in my life I've ever been able to carry a weapon, off of our own personal property!

Altho I felt rather nakked (spelled that way intentionally, that's how we say it) :) cuz I never go anywhere without my purse. The ladies on here will understand, a purse to a woman like like a security blanket and we carry just about everything but the kitchen sink in it. I discovered a few challenging points, like where to put the seatbelt (under it, instead of over it) how to sit in the booth so it doesn't get caught on the way sitting down or standing up, getting the stuff out of the front zipper pocket that doubles as a small purse, (checkbook, little bitty wallet that holds my Drivers License, LTCaH, my phone, and my smokes.

But it was GREAT! We sat there in the restaurant, both able to protect ourselves and others should any random BG show up, completely nonchalant, and no one but us knew what we had in either his holster or my fanny pack. I felt downright liberated! I'M A HAPPY CAMPER! I'M EXCITED! (couldn't tell, could you? :):)

So now I'm armed, legal, and acting totally responsible, and not even looking like I have anything "extra" on my person. IT WAS GREAT!
    I don't mean to be redundant, but I've been itching to post this, but I had to wait till I had it in my hands, so I didn't jinx myself. So now it's OFFICAL! YIIIPPPEEE!!!!

Betsy is the name of my Walther PK.380. It's small, compact, but packs enough power to stop any BG from thinking I'm "easy pickins", and fits into my hand very nicely. Now all we have to do is go to the range more often so she and I can get to know eachothers quirks better, and get the bugs worked out.

And Rhino has very considerately agreed to give me private lessons to help me be more comfortable with handling it. At that, I'm still pretty much a :n00b:, but I'm a quick learner, and I absorb all the info like a sponge, so about the only thing I can't do at the moment is move while sighting my target. I still have the cast on, and moving fast enough, and weaving is impossible for me without risking falling over and breaking something else. He's SUCH a sweetie!

Applied Ballistics has classes as well, taught by women for women, so those are on the "to do" list as well. But in the meantime, Bill is my instructor and he's doing a great job! So thanks to everyone for being so supportive, all the advice you've given me, and the suggestions you've made, and offers to help, they have been greatly appreciated! INGO is the greatest bunch of people on the entire Web!

Hugs!
    7th Stepper

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congrats B. Welcome to the carrying club. Good luck with the classes. Just keep in mind safety first, but I am sure you know that well.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Congratulations my friend!!!!!! Betsy.. :) I couldn't imagine any other name for her! :)

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I don't believe I've ever been pistol whipped with a Betsy

...yet. ;)

Congrats! :yesway:

:): You Crazyman! "Yet" being the key word.... I'd never pistol whip you, I have a spanking paddle that has your name on it! And it's made out of BIG EXTRA WIDE strips of BACON! ROFL (since there's no Smiley for it) <evil grin>

Hugs!
    Bobbie

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Oops, this is to AuntieBellum. I got carried away! :):
    Thank you my friend! And I hear CONGRATS are in order for you too! You're now a Line Boss! And may become a Shoot Boss? YOU GO GIRL! :+1: Eeks! I just got corrected, you ARE a Line Boss! WAY TO GO!

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Congratulations my friend!!!!!! Betsy.. :) I couldn't imagine any other name for her! :)

Thank you....Thank you.....Thank you! It was either Betsy, or Esmerelda, but Betsy seemed to fit her the best, so that's what she got christened. :):

And I'm going to miss you tomorrow! I was looking forward to seeing you again! :(

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Congrads to you and your new pink friend. (remember to make copies)
    Don't worry, I know your a wee bit excited now, but after a while as time goes on, you'll come to realize that this turns into Ecstasy.
    :draw:

She's really happy!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Congrats B. Welcome to the carrying club. Good luck with the classes. Just keep in mind safety first, but I am sure you know that well.

Thank you my friend! Those are the first 4 rules that Bill taught me. The 4 most important rules of gun safety. Rhino is the one who's going to be giving me lessons too. And I'm SO looking forward to the NFA day tomorrow! While I'll be bringing Betsy, there'll be other guns there that I can attempt to fire (while supervised:)), at least the ones that won't knock me on my keester or cause me to break something else. We've got all the gear packed, have the staples we're bringing, and chomping at the bit to go! I'm looking forward to a VERY fun day!

Top Bottom