• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    And because of this.. I have been excluded out from family/friend get togethers and events because it makes people feel nervous or uncomfortable. :(

I guess I will invest in an IWB holster, but does this mean I will need to sacrifice my 9 round extended mag for my Springfield XDS?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) You can conceal a full-sized handgun pretty easily if you dress around it. Keep the extended mag.
    B) Have gatherings at YOUR place, where they can't say much (unless they want to leave)
    C) Ignore them and go on with your life

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No need for a holster or mag change, just pull your shirt tail over it when they bring it up.

I mean, it's not like you need to convince them that you're not carrying, only that the thin layer of cloth shielding it from view will suffice to keep it from jumping out of the holster and causing mayhem (as guns are prone to do when they catch folks looking at them).

:yesway:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's a magic trick to them. If I can't see it it's not really there. pffffhtt...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did anyone else read the thread title and think this was an intro/new INGOer thread?? ;)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I OC too, almost exclusively. And I couldn't care less what anyone, family or otherwise thinks of it. It's my life, my choice of how I choose to exercise my natural right of self defense as affirmed by the 2A. After OCing for awhile and developing this mindset things get a whole lot easier. I don't make a big deal of it, it's just part of my daily attire. I do nothing to call attention to it other than OC it, a full-size Sig 9mm. I also do my best to be cordial and non-threatening in public with it.

I have carried a rifle in public also, but only as part of an organized demonstration. I would have been more inclined to push the envelope a bit carrying a rifle before this latest round of insanity; I'm more inclined to lay low now unless/until SHTF if that day ever comes.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    My Brother In Law had 3 locking mounted gun boxes installed in the garage. You could secure your handgun, or carry, your choice. When BBQ was on, we all wore our best shorts and flat cut Hawaiian shirts. Never remember any problems. If you decided to swim... you secured your firearm, and jumped in. (FYI- 3 members were Military/LEO, and 2nd Amendment carriers). BIL was a sworn Deputy Sheriff in Arkansas. He understood.
    Wish others had a clear head, and allow their family the respect.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My Brother In Law had 3 locking mounted gun boxes installed in the garage. You could secure your handgun, or carry, your choice. When BBQ was on, we all wore our best shorts and flat cut Hawaiian shirts. Never remember any problems. If you decided to swim... you secured your firearm, and jumped in. (FYI- 3 members were Military/LEO, and 2nd Amendment carriers). BIL was a sworn Deputy Sheriff in Arkansas. He understood.
    Wish others had a clear head, and allow their family the respect.

See, if you carried Glocks, you could go swimming without worrying about locking it in a box.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Conceal it and move on. Life is too short and you only get one family. If in time, you change their minds, great. Until then, enjoy them now because there is no guarantee they will be here tomorrow.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    First off I have to ask how old are you....?

24, but that's a weird question to ask.

OP, do you have a retention holster? Have you had much formal handgun retention training?

Yes I do, and yes I have. Frequently, actually.

Conceal it and move on. Life is too short and you only get one family. If in time, you change their minds, great. Until then, enjoy them now because there is no guarantee they will be here tomorrow.

I thought about doing this since it seems to be better that I keep my weapon concealed for the "concern" of my family. I conceal my bug, however.

OP must not like to answer the questions of the folks he put this to.

Hello.......:)

That isn't the case at all. I've just been very busy. I love reading peoples opinions, whether they be negative or positive.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    The reason I asked age is because older, oh hell " ancient " people sometimes have a preconceived notion of a younger generation. Think about what would their reaction be say if an older family member was to OC would they have the same response.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    24, but that's a weird question to ask.

Yes I do, and yes I have. Frequently, actually.

I thought about doing this since it seems to be better that I keep my weapon concealed for the "concern" of my family. I conceal my bug, however.

That isn't the case at all. I've just been very busy. I love reading peoples opinions, whether they be negative or positive.

:yesway:

Top Bottom