• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 311thewiser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Valpo
    I got the .40 jcp i have 600 rounds downrange with all types of ammo with no problems at all. Top heavy, yes. And beauty is def. In the eye of the beholder. Would i trust my life to it in hd situation? Why not its more acurate than me and has never jammed. Made of zinc though and i hate that.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have been asking for recs for a cheap but quality 9mm for my dad who also wants to shoot 22. We were looking at the Tanfoglio Witness, but I saw a recent post about cheap guns and the C-9 came up. The MSRP is only $155. Then I saw a phoenix arms 22 for $122 I think.

With a lifetime warranty, can you really go wrong with a Hi-Point? I have read several reviews of problems but most were overcome easily, or by sending it back in. The gun would mainly be used for enjoyment at the range.

The cost makes me wonder, but since their website is clearly designed as an after school project, maybe they pass that savings on to me?

I owned a Hi-Point 9mm Comp model for about 8 years. It was my first handgun and I only sold it to buy my Savage .308. I wish I would have kept it and just saved the $150 that I sold it for.

The gun is reliable and fun to shoot. The customer service from Hi-Point cannot be matched. Anytime I needed a new sight or help taking it apart for a good cleaning they were always able to help. Even if you lose a piece of the firearm for some reason or another you can call them or email them with the serial number and your name and address and they will ship you whatever you need at no cost.

If you're looking for a cheap firearm that you aren't afraid to scratch or get dirty, Hi-Point is definately for you. :twocents:

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    The Phoenix HP22a is the Hi point of 22's. A reliable inexpensive pistol IMO. Also comes with a lifetime warranty.

dsc03127q.jpg

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    I can't speak for the 9, but my first .45 was a Hi-Point and it fed everything I gave it flawlessly.

For the $, I feel it is worth looking into.

My uncle even told me if I ever decide to sell that cheap-o .45 he'll pay me what I gave for it. That's good stuff right there!

Top Bottom