• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My wife asked me to go through my bedroom closet and the coat closet and dig out things we could donate. When I got to the back of the coat closet I came across my old Class A uniform still sealed up in it's protective cover. I haven't had it out of there since it first went in there back in 1996. I took it out and tried it on, almost still fits lol.

4D612A98-64F6-42BA-B641-E2488699E9C9_zpss4vrhqnu.jpg

When I took it off I heard some faint jingling and started trying to figure out where it was coming from. I reached into the inside pocket and found these little gems that I'd long since given up on. I was pretty proud of the big one since I was called in to the Commanding General's office of the 2nd Armored Division and it was handed to me by the man himself. These will now take their proper place with the others I've collected over the years.

P1070943_zpsec0307bd.jpg

P1070944_zps016b861c.jpg

P1050855.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    And on the other side is Marksmanship for... rifle? The other badge I don't recognize but resembles a marksmanship award too?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And on the other side is Marksmanship for... rifle? The other badge I don't recognize but resembles a marksmanship award too?

The one on the right was for rifle marksmanship (I didn't really learn to shoot until years later), the one on the left is a driver's badge. I honestly don't recall getting it or why I did. I know I logged a ton of miles in South Korea and received a difficult to obtain license to drive up a particular mountain over there but I don't know if that's why I got it.

ETA: Casey 3-9er was the hill in S Korea. Was not an easy drive back then. We had to walk up it in the winter once carrying batteries for one of the trucks because the operator fell asleep and let them freeze solid. Probably why I have the back problems I have today. http://www.hill754.org

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    whats the gold (brass?) thing at the back of the display that seems to be cased in acrylic?

:patriot:

Two .308 rounds through a dime. I shot it from 100yds and it didn't fall off of the target so I shot it again thinking I'd missed. I wouldn't have gone through the trouble but the two holes don't break the edge which is impossible without the first shot distorting the shape. A one in a million that I couldn't replicate if my life depended on it but I thought it was cool.
    IMG00030-20090317-1050.jpg

IMG00028-20090317-1049.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg

Top Bottom