• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My evil black weapons got wood grain cat's pajamas just like that * over night. I wonder how they will treat retired LEO & FFDO's?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Should the worst come to pass and we see a Harris presidency happen, it would almost certainly follow that there would be a ban at the federal level of magazines with a capacity of greater than 10. Should that infringement come to pass, what actions would you INGO’ers take? None? Download? New gun? Finally embrace the goodness that is the 1911? Would the Glock 30 become the new hotness? Tactical lever actions become the norm?

I’m curious of how other’s would seek protection for themselves or families while living under an illegitimate infringement such as that.

Moot point for most gun owners, if one is not stocked up by now, nothing anyone can say will change someones outlook.
    This is my take on it too. I’m not too worried about it since none of the guns I carry have “high capacity.” However, I’d rather not see a ban come into fruition simply because it’ll be something else next, like “tactical sniper rifles” with bipods, muzzle breaks, suppressors, etc. next.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    If certain people are swept into office the restrictions will come in increments, there will be no sudden "confiscation." Hard to say about a 10 round magazine limit, heck, it could be 11 rounds or 7, anything is possible. Grandfathering is another unknown.

Heavy taxation is a real threat, no need to ban anything if you can make it prohibitively expensive, and the courts seem to like to okay a lot of sketchy things as long as it is presented as a tax.

Saying "I will not comply" is all well and good, but there are a lot of infringements we comply with now. ALL of us. I don't put the third hole in my AR and I don't sell handguns to citizens across state lines without a middleman and I have a pink plastic card in my wallet that "allows" me to exercise my constitutional rights after I pay a fee to the State of Indiana. Just a few of the many gun laws I comply with and I bet you do too.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Should the worst come to pass and we see a Harris presidency happen, it would almost certainly follow that there would be a ban at the federal level of magazines with a capacity of greater than 10. Should that infringement come to pass, what actions would you INGO’ers take? None? Download? New gun? Finally embrace the goodness that is the 1911? Would the Glock 30 become the new hotness? Tactical lever actions become the norm?

I’m curious of how other’s would seek protection for themselves or families while living under an illegitimate infringement such as that.

Convert everything to being belt fed??? :dunno:

Magazines limits don't matter if you ain't got no magazines.

Now Clipazines....that is a hippo of a different size.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Congress? Senate? She don't need no stinking Congress or Senate...……….EXECUTIVE ORDER, she will just need a Presidential pen to handle things

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If you look at the 2019 AWB draft as usual they are exempt.

They will have to write in an exemption for LEO and retirees. They need law enforcement to pull off an actual ban, so can’t risk ticking off that group. Special people get special benefits. Also in the not so distant past most Americans held law enforcement in high regard and to take away their guns would seem unreasonable. Now however is a another matter. What’s interesting is the same politicians who scorn police are the same ones who will grant them special privilege to pacify the group, while the law abiding citizens get punished. Hopefully the law enforcement community will see this for what it is and speak out.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    @ Karl-just-Karl, I get the same thing here. People ask me to find them parts, mags for obscure guns, ammo, etc. All they gotta do with alot of stuff, especially parts, is just google it, then click the images. That takes them images of items in stores that stock what they want. I have had good luck finding stuff that way. I am getting tired of trying to help people who don't seem to want to help themselves.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Congress is prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 3 of Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution. So buy now if you can. Unless the government becomes tyrannical you should be okay.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I was mainly looking to hear from anyone that’s taken a different tack than normal ‘just in case’. Or, if we find ourselves living in a 10 round world, do you change those 10 rounds to something different?
    Load AR15 magazines with 458 SOCOM and they hold 11 458 rounds in a 30rd AR mag and
    7 458 rounds in a 20rd AR mag. Paint 458 SOCOM on your AR15 magazine?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Congress is prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 3 of Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution. So buy now if you can. Unless the government becomes tyrannical you should be okay.

I 150% agree regarding ex post facto laws. However, that didn't turn out so well for bump stocks. ex post facto was completely ignored in addition to any congressional process. That is one of the many reasons for the current litigation.

However, until that litigation is finalized, no grandfathering for you!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I 150% agree regarding ex post facto laws. However, that didn't turn out so well for bump stocks. ex post facto was completely ignored in addition to any congressional process. That is one of the many reasons for the current litigation.

However, until that litigation is finalized, no grandfathering for you!
    Did the SCOTUS even look at the bumpstock ban?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Did the SCOTUS even look at the bumpstock ban?

I don't follow it day by day, so someone here may have more current info.

Based on my research, SCOTUS refused to hear the first bumpstock case brought to them at that time. As I understand it, there are several bumpstock cases out there and hopefully one of them is heard soon rather than later.

My understanding is that Mac from Military Arm Channel (I believe he is FullAuto here on the forum, but I could be wrong) is involved with one of the bumpstock cases that the GOA is involved with.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom