• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xamor 101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    O I completely agree, that woulda been great had they had all the elimintations similar to the style of this exciting ending. Woulda forced the competitors to all the more truely earn the right to continue on. Something they do need to lose is the rediculous drama game they've tried to play, merely bringing in more viewers to watch. I wonder what woulda been the end result had Tara stayed in the game...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I wish every episode had been more like this instead of that back stabbing and voting crap. Of the guys left when they had to let their guns do the talking, the :lala: best :lala:shot :lala:won.

It's well possible the real best shot of the starting 16 who may have better mastered all the weapons got VOTED out before he really got to compete though.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Argh!! It was sooo close! I was hoping Chris would pull one out of the hat...
    Oh well...maybe Ian's win will inspire other Brits to change their laws back so they can all join the "play at home" version!
    Now...on to the next season! :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Now...on to the next season! :)

I was kinda disappointed that we didn't see any competitions involving the suppressed M9, the UZI or the Desert Eagle they showed in the opening sequence.

Hopefully ALL the episodes next season will look more like the last two episodes this season, in terms of intensity and difficulty level.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey I think the show was a first pass, there will be things tweaked but in the larger sense I hope everybody does realise that a "shooting" show made primetime and everything was done in a very positive light,

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was impressed by the shooting in the last two episodes, my hat goes of to all of them.

Indeed. I can't shoot a Mosin or an SVT-40 worth crap, but those guys made it look easy last week. Not to mention the nail driving with a DA revolver, beer mugs at 50 yards with a single-action revolver, or the rope trick.

To those armchair competitors who like to proclaim "well, *I* could've done that!" I say... you got your app in for Season 2? ;)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For a "reality show" there wasn't that much drama.

:orly:

Adam vs. Caleb
    Kelly vs. everybody
    Tara's dad
    Brad "But I'm an IPSC Grand Master"'s excuses
    Denny
    Every trip to the nomination range

IMO, it wasn't until the green shirts came out and everyone was fighting for their own lives that the high-school drama largely went away and the show became primarily about shooting.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Agreed, Shooter. I am not opposed to the team concept, but rather than have the elimination challenges, and nomination range, The losing team on the team challenge has an "Every man for Himself" challenge, with the last place, or last two placed shooters go home.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Agreed, Shooter. I am not opposed to the team concept, but rather than have the elimination challenges, and nomination range, The losing team on the team challenge has an "Every man for Himself" challenge, with the last place, or last two placed shooters go home.

:yesway:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't disagree with the idea that the "every man for himself" in the elimination challenges would be better for people that ALREADY LIKE SHOOTING, to bring random people who just like to sit and watch TV into the show, they need the drama.

It could be good though because you might be able to get more people interested in shooting...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I watched the last episode and fortunately it was about shooting and not about whining.

But why . . . why did they have to bring the Douche Field Generator back at the end? I'm to the point where I can't stand to look at that guy's face without being irritated. If I'd known I'd have to see him, I would have watched something else.

I was disappointed that JJ went out the way he did. I think when he missed his shoot with the Schofield that he was essentially done, at least mentally.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    The biggest problem I had with the team concept was the fact that a lot of people spent a lot of time sitting out, instead of shooting! Also, we got to know the members of the Red team better, because they were in so many more challenges!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I'm with you guys. I'd like to see the format change. Something more like a championship/points standings deal. Have a couple challeges, then start eliminating the people in last place. Focus most on shooting accurately. I'd also like to see repeatability take a bigger role. The shooters need to show more skill than just hitting the first shot. With an unfamilure gun, hitting on your first shot is atleast half luck! Too many people this season where eliminated without missing!

The problem is that tv is drama. This is not a documentary, it's a survivor show. I think that the teams are the source of the drama so i doubt they'll change that. I think this (likely) fact is really unfortunate. I don't think any shooter (except maybe jim) was eliminated in an appropriate order. Shooters' skills and abilities as SHOOTERS were not really showcased. Some of the other skills, like people skills, memory, and physical ability, became as big an issue as shooting. I think a points standing system would do a LOT better for us shooting-focussed fans. I just don't know if they are willing to make it a great show instead of just another reality show.

Top Bottom