• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    First things first and more importantly, my daughter and I were not injured.

I had to take my daughter to work this morning. Her mom and the rest of the family are sick and not up to driving. She lives in Mishawaka and works in Elkhart. While driving threw Osceola we were broad sided. The lady drove out of the parking lot and did not pay any attention to traffic. She did not stop at the scene of the accident. My car was drivable enough to follow her and I eventually got her to stop. Just briefly. About long enough to get her plate. She refused to stay at the scene. I insisted she stay. My guess is she has no insurance, maybe not even a drivers license. :dunno:

I made a police report. Gave them what info I could on her. She drives a white Dodge Stratus with a lot of damage on the drivers side. I know there is not much left of her door mirror. If you see the car with plate #318LTC please then the Osceola PD Or me know. The driver was a young black lady with zero manors. I would love to see this POS get caught! I am sure the cops will eventually find the car by the plate# if the plate is really for that car.

I took my car in for an estimate. Body damage alone is almost 4.5k. Then there are mechanical issues on top of that I need to address. I would not be surprised if they total it. I am totally insured (less the deductible). And I have uninsured motorist coverage.

Just glad we are fine. I can't answer for the gal that hit me. But my week is screwed!!!! Maybe next few weeks. :(

:ranton:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So how close were you to shooting her tires out? :ar15:

I refuse to answer that question on grounds I might incriminate my self ;) JK. Funny thing is I had my gun in my pocket the whole time. I know they ran my plate. nothing was mentioned.

This is my first crash and burn in longer then I can remember. Yep, It's gonna jack my rates :xmad:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That sucks and it's good you don't have medical bills on top of your car bills.

The last time my wife broadsided something that came out of no where, into her lane, she killed it but it totaled her car.

Stupid deer.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That sucks and it's good you don't have medical bills on top of your car bills.

The last time my wife broadsided something that came out of no where, into her lane, she killed it but it totaled her car.

Stupid deer.

I seen it coming and hit the breaks or it would have been way worse!! When I heard the metal to metal plastic sound I figured I wiped out the side of my car. At a fast glance it doesn't look bad but the body guy showed me places that were bowed and bent that weren't obvious with a glance. Both bumpers are cracked. Both rims bent and something is wrong with the front suspension and the car now stutters and stalls and pulls to the right. Then the doors, rocker panel and the list goes on! I was probably going 35 when I saw her and maybe 10-15 miles an hour when we hit. I should have gotten out and looked at her car but she was yelling and stuff and I did not want to get in to a confrontation. I just stayed in my care and asked her to do the same. I don't know for sure but I think she thinks I did something wrong :dunno: Last I new you were suppose to look both ways before driving on to the street! I dam near ended up in the other lane trying to avoid the gal. But there were on coming cars. I just slowed best I could. At 30 miles and hour plus someone really could have been hurt!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Good you're both ok, but watch it for a few days; there may be some whiplash with a delayed onset.

My son had my 94 chicken parked at his friend's apartment last week, and it got its first dent from a hit and run. It's not like yours, but it's ugly. I'm not turning it in, because no more than it is, they might total it anyway, and it should just take a few hours to pull it and patch it up. Might take the door apart and fix the window motor while I'm in there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow. I'm glad you are both okay. We got broadsided a couple of years ago and it sure rattles you when it happens. I am always watching other vehicles at intersections and find myself tapping my brakes when I see one that is supposed to stop approaching faster than I think they should. I am so paranoid about getting hit again. We were lucky that we weren't hurt.

Sorry about your car. It sucks when you get stuck dealing with a mess like this because of someone else's mistake.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Did you snap any pics or video with your cellphone? Could go a long way to prove who was driving the other car.

I was on the ph with the police the whole time. My PH won't take photos while I am on it. There is no doubts to who's at fault. Cop even agreed. just said the gal did not hang around to get whats coming to her. I got a plate# that's a start. I am insured. I will no doubt eat the deductible though.

most importantly is we are fine! Thankful for that! The car is just a car. it can be fixed or replaced. My daughter can't!! :)

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    That sucks. Seems to be a lot of that up that way. My Sis and BIL live in Millersburg area. I hear story's all the time.

Top Bottom