• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was on the ph with the police the whole time. My PH won't take photos while I am on it. There is no doubts to who's at fault. Cop even agreed. just said the gal did not hang around to get whats coming to her. I got a plate# that's a start. I am insured. I will no doubt eat the deductible though.

most importantly is we are fine! Thankful for that! The car is just a car. it can be fixed or replaced. My daughter can't!! :)

I was going to say that, so I am glad you did

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    As I understand, the reason we see so much dashcam video from Russia is that their insurance won't cover them without the video.

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    you might get a judgement in small claims court, but getting payment is a whole separate issue. Ill keep an eye out, Im on the roads in this area 9 hours a day.

Glad you and family are ok.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You can't really blame the women.
    It's us men that allowed them to drive in the first place. :xmad:

I can't touch that with a 10ft pole!! lol

I was going to say that, so I am glad you did
    :yesway: Thanks Mr's G

Hit and run drivers are as bad as thieves unless it involves injury or fatality.
    QFT!!!

Glad to hear everyone is safe!
    TY!

As I understand, the reason we see so much dashcam video from Russia is that their insurance won't cover them without the video.
    Those video's are entertaining to say the least. I am sure we have a lot of the same drive here though,

keep records of your expenses. you might be able to get the deductible and expenses back in small claims court.

you might get a judgement in small claims court, but getting payment is a whole separate issue. Ill keep an eye out, Im on the roads in this area 9 hours a day.

Glad you and family are ok.

I am the kind of SOB that would drag someone to court and pay more then it's worth just on principle. If I find her I will sue for the deductible. No doubt about it! If she would have stopped I would be a lot more understanding. I understand we all make mistakes. S**t happens. the issue is not owning up to it!

I had a gal hit this same car on the other side a few years ago. Similar incident. She was backing out of a parking spot. I got a nice little dent in my door. She owned up to the mistake. I let it pass. I felt her regret was enough. A little dent was no big deal. We were safe and unharmed. I am not a jerk. I might have took pity on this gal too. She'll never know. Now if I find her she will pay! That's a promise. I will be going to the OCPD in the next couple days and see if they found her or the car.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can't touch that with a 10ft pole!! lol

:yesway: Thanks Mr's G

QFT!!!

TY!

Those video's are entertaining to say the least. I am sure we have a lot of the same drive here though,

I am the kind of SOB that would drag someone to court and pay more then it's worth just on principle. If I find her I will sue for the deductible. No doubt about it! If she would have stopped I would be a lot more understanding. I understand we all make mistakes. S**t happens. the issue is not owning up to it!

I had a gal hit this same car on the other side a few years ago. Similar incident. She was backing out of a parking spot. I got a nice little dent in my door. She owned up to the mistake. I let it pass. I felt her regret was enough. A little dent was no big deal. We were safe and unharmed. I am not a jerk. I might have took pity on this gal too. She'll never know. Now if I find her she will pay! That's a promise. I will be going to the OCPD in the next couple days and see if they found her or the car.

I would think your insurance would sue her/her insurance company if she has any and try and get a judgement. If they recover the full amount, I believe they will reimburse your deductible.

I doubt that they will actually recover, but I understand that is how it works.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Sorry to hear about this. Sure glad you both are all right. I was just flipping through the threads and ran across this one. I turn tires all the time and see a lot of stuff.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    So glad you and your daughter are alright Larry. The next dew days may prove to be pretty 'sore' days for both of you. Do you have a spa tub or access to one?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So glad you and your daughter are alright Larry. The next dew days may prove to be pretty 'sore' days for both of you. Do you have a spa tub or access to one?

I wish I did! I feel a little tweaked from the crash but nothing I feel the need to go to the ER for. I talked to my daughter earlier. She is a little sore but feels the same way. Not enough to get it checked. I think we are fine. I have issues anyway. So it's hard to tell this from a regular bad day.

I am going to see if they nailed the low life tomorrow! I can hope!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just watch out for that delayed whiplash. It's much worse that when you feel it right away and can last forever. :xmad:

Top Bottom