• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sorry to hear about the crash, glad you and your daughter are both OK. Hopefully they get the other driver soon before she really hurts someone

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My wife was rear ended in Dec and we are still going through the doctors with her back. She didn't want to go when it happened but I made her go. The other girls insurance is really crummy so may be looking at a court case ourselves. I would still at least get your daughter checked out as it could be worse than it seems. Hopefully you can keep us updated on progress if possible and glad you 2 are doing ok.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Hopefully they find the lady who hit you and your Ins. Co. can go after her for the cost of the repairs and not boost your payments...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When my wife got hit in our van, the other lady didn't have insurance. That fell under our uninsured motorists coverage and we had no deductible to pay.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When my wife got hit in our van, the other lady didn't have insurance. That fell under our uninsured motorists coverage and we had no deductible to pay.

I found this out today:

Well... they found the car. The "lady owner" said she loaned the car to her brother. She "claims" to have insurance but hasn't proven it. Kind of finny that she looks a LOT like the gal driving the car. Oh, and the ladies DL is suspended. Go figure. My daughter and I have to go to the PD and sign paper work that we ID'ed her from her previous arrest records.

As for my car, they are going to fix it! I don't know whether to be happy about it or not! If it is done well I guess it's fine. I really love the car. The miles are not high for the year. I just want it done right.

I am not going to comment any deeper. This will no doubt end up in court.

Thanks for all the well wishes for me and my daughter! You guys are great. :yesway: A big "non" groping hug goes out to you all. Unless you want groped. PM me with pics and we'll talk about it. See, I still have a sense of humor!! :rockwoot:Got to these days!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I found this out today:

Well... they found the car. The "lady owner" said she loaned the car to her brother. She "claims" to have insurance but hasn't proven it. Kind of finny that she looks a LOT like the gal driving the car. Oh, and the ladies DL is suspended. Go figure. My daughter and I have to go to the PD and sign paper work that we ID'ed her from her previous arrest records.

As for my car, they are going to fix it! I don't know whether to be happy about it or not! If it is done well I guess it's fine. I really love the car. The miles are not high for the year. I just want it done right.

I am not going to comment any deeper. This will no doubt end up in court.

Thanks for all the well wishes for me and my daughter! You guys are great. :yesway: A big "non" groping hug goes out to you all. Unless you want groped. PM me with pics and we'll talk about it. See, I still have a sense of humor!! :rockwoot:Got to these days!

At least the process is started. Finding her was huge but the plate surely led them right to her since it apparently was not on the wrong vehicle.

Glad to hear some progress has been made. Good luck!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You need this guy....maybe we can get him to Indiana.

[video=youtube;8-JdG8aaUyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-JdG8aaUyc[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    At least the process is started. Finding her was huge but the plate surely led them right to her since it apparently was not on the wrong vehicle.

Glad to hear some progress has been made. Good luck!

I am glad I could safely chase her down for the plate. I would be a bit more screwed without the #. I was really happy when the Pd had that info. the detective said he was just getting ready to call my insurance co for my ph number. they are following up on this. Good job OCPD!!

I drop the car off Monday. I'll be without a car for at least 2 weeks :-( I really don't want to drive my Mustang in this weather. Grrrrrr not that it's that nice a car. It just sucks in the snow.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hmm. My Mustangs have been the best things I've ever driven in snow and ice. I presume you have an automatic instead of a real transmission.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's a manual. The issue is more the fact that it's ground clearance sucks. It's really low with the ground effects package that the GT has. It goes forward fine. Especially with some weight in the trunk! The anti lock creeps me out but it does stop the car better if you let it. It just tends to be a snow plow. I live in a semi rural area and I have a longish drive that is hard to keep plowed down. My wife used to get it stuck all the time. Personally, it has been a POS for most of it's life too. Long story. Bought it new and it had a lot of issues right off the bat. Never really liked the car :-( It was my wife's baby and I can't bring my self to part with it.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

I learned about UNinsured and UNDERinsured coverage. Not in a bad way. It is good to know they are different and they are cheap to add. Most people think they are the same. They are not.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have always tended to be over insured for the most part. If I screw up I want to be sure I can cover my ass. If someone screw me over I am covered. This is one of those few times that it paid off to have a little extra coverage.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ahh, we do get pretty good clearance around here, but I've had plenty of snow over ice, so I was just thinking traction. Slip the clutch and not the tires. The big piles are the reason I bought an Explication (or whatever in heck they call it) with 4WD. I need to have a post-it with the name of that thing. Antilock brakes are a bit of an adjustment for those used to regular ones. I have to keep telling my mom to just slam on the brakes and let them do the work. She refuses to believe me. Front wheel drive likewise. You'll feel it yank on you, but no fishtail to recover from.

Top Bottom