• ...and so much more!
  • Bob Wiley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Carmel
    Risk Management exists for a reason.

Even though the rules are being followed by a conscientious person mistakes can still happen.

If a holstering accident happens, where do you want the holster pointed; where a life altering injury is more likely or less likely to happen.

A sobering thought

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anybody ever get any info on what actually caused the pistol to fire?

Unsubstantiated claim, but someone who claimed knowledge said it was an aftermarket trigger and the pin walked. No idea how valid that is, but that's the only info I've heard.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Unsubstantiated claim, but someone who claimed knowledge said it was an aftermarket trigger and the pin walked. No idea how valid that is, but that's the only info I've heard.

Unfortunately I think the rock-solid reliability and predictability of Glocks follows into people's brains for guns that have been modified with aftermarket parts. I think it's a bad thing that people extrapolate from experience with box stock Glocks to guns with sweet aftermarkets trigger parts. They're no longer the same gun.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

When I watched it seemed it had to be either a mechanical issue or it wasn't all the way down into the holster and got worked down when he made movement sense it to a few moments until the moved several steps Then there was something in the trigger the Oh Crap moment happened. So I'd like to see more information.

The thing with appendix if you holster the gun wbefirw you put the holster on there is generally not an issue. But AIWP or 3-4:00 IWP if it goes off by it's self your doing something wring and to even olab "it will be better hitting my rear" your still doing it wrong

ahutchinson317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indy
    In too much of a rush to re-holster - it’s like an airplane crashing on landing. Come out of the holster in a hurry - take your time deliberately reholstering.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Risk Management exists for a reason.

Even though the rules are being followed by a conscientious person mistakes can still happen.

If a holstering accident happens, where do you want the holster pointed; where a life altering injury is more likely or less likely to happen.

A sobering thought
    I prefer mine to be pointed at other people for unintended discharges.

SDzj7eP.jpg

oT986Fa.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I prefer mine to be pointed at other people for unintended discharges.

SDzj7eP.jpg

oT986Fa.jpg
    Which man pack is that? I have one of the 5.11 ones that came out kinda looks like that but I dont remeber the internal holster like that. I havent wore it in a while. I forgot I had it till your post lol
    I usually carried my gun inside a seperate holster (so the trigger was covered) and then inserted it into the man pack.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I love my shoulder harness in the winter. I would’ve preferred it to point down, but being da/sa it isn’t likely to go off easily.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've thought of getting a shoulder harness for the Sig P220. It's not a carry gun for me but if I ever did want to carry it for some reason or other, ain't no way I'd carry it AIWB.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It’s got nothing to do with admin reloads, if you’re using a kydex holster that doesn’t have the mag releasesblocked out (ie negative space between the releases and the material) and is just covered, any kind of flex and movement is going to put pressure on the release. Some guns can get away with it, some can not.

This is why extended mag releases on carry guns are a no-no!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is why I don't use a holster and just carry the gun in my hand....... after all, it is called a HANDGUN. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom